Microsoft has begun a months-long rollout of Delve, the first Office 365 application that taps into the suite's Office Graph machine learning capabilities and maps connections between co-workers, documents and information.
Google's Slides presentation app can now be used without an Internet connection on iOS devices, joining the two other core office productivity tools in the company's suite, the Docs word processor and Sheets spreadsheet software.
The U.K. government has adopted ODF as its standard for the exchange of word processor and spreadsheet files between departments and with citizens and suppliers, meaning that companies and citizens will not be required to buy a particular application...
Microsoft and Salesforce.com have become corporate buddies, pledging to integrate their flagship products in what they're calling a "global, strategic partnership".
Google is releasing separate mobile apps for its Docs, Sheets and Slides apps, breaking them out from the Google Drive storage service where they used to reside.
Google did little during its first-quarter earnings report to shush critics who say its Enterprise unit is a second-class citizen in its kingdom.
Microsoft is updating its Web-based Office Online suite, narrowing the features gap with the main Office 365 and Office 2013 suites installed on users' devices.
Open source collaboration software vendor Open-Xchange has added a spreadsheet function to its open-source, web-based productivity suite, allowing the online editing and sharing of Microsoft Excel documents.
Microsoft has finally developed a version of Office for the iPad, a move many feel comes too late.
Satya Nadella will hold his first press conference as Microsoft's CEO next week, and reports are emerging that he'll unveil a version of the Office suite for Apple's iPad.
Microsoft will ship a new edition of Office 365 in the spring called Personal, with the announcement phrased in a way that seems to tease the arrival of native editions of Word, Excel and PowerPoint for iPads and Android tablets.
People can now earn a finder's fee when they refer customers to Google for its Apps email and collaboration suite.
Microsoft didn't disappoint with the new and improved capabilities it announced and demonstrated for Office 365 this week, but how well they work in the real world remains to be seen.
As it works on its much-anticipated version of Office for touch interfaces, Microsoft envisions building on what it calls "natural interaction" technologies like digital ink and voice recognition, according to a company official.
Microsoft will add new software, developer tools and capabilities to Office 365 in an attempt to make the cloud applications suite a "smarter" product that is better at helping people interact at work.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to take screenshots in Windows 10
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
- The Full Nerd episode 23: AMD Threadripper vs Intel Core i9, Radeon Vega is here(ish)
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Surface Pro is Microsoft's long-awaited Surface Pro 4 upgrade, restyled as a laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSenior Test AnalystWA
- FTL&D Manager, Transformation Program in Finance ServicesNSW
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerQLD
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure EngineerACT
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCUX DeveloperQLD
- FTQueue ManagerACT
- CCSecurity Incident Analyst - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Deployment Officer (Office 365)QLD
- FTDeputy Chief Engineer - Defence Systems - IT Services - Nowra BasedNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager - Salesforce ImplementationVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTAccounts and Office AdministratorNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTTechnical Solution ArchitectSA
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- TPProject Manager | Applications and Project InitiationQLD
- TPSenior Sitecore Developer (.NET)QLD
- CCChange ManagerWA
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD