Microsoft has again painted a grim picture for customers who remain on Windows XP and Office 2003 after it ends support for the old OS and suite in early April, but it's unclear if the company is succeeding in its campaign to convince holdouts to upg...
Apple launched the iPad four years ago, igniting a tablet frenzy that altered personal computing at home and at work, but Microsoft has yet to release an Office version for touchscreen devices.
Collaboration software vendor Open-Xchange added cloud storage to its offerings to allow users to sync files, folders, documents and pictures.
In appearances in September and October, Steve Ballmer said Microsoft would build native Office editions for iPads and Android tablets, but the company's marketing chief spoke with much less certainty when asked about this on Thursday.
Microsoft is offering multifactor authentication free as an option to all users of its Office 365 suite, a hosted set of Microsoft Office tools and applications.
Open source office suite LibreOffice has overhauled its spreadsheet program, Calc, to try to make it better suited to the needs of enterprise users who handle big data sets.
IT administrators of the Office 365 cloud email and collaboration suite will now be able to check their management console from their mobile devices.
Google is trying to make it easier for Apps customers to find and deploy third-party applications from the Marketplace store it launched a few years ago.
Office Web Apps, the browser-based, pared-down version of the Microsoft suite, now lets people co-edit documents in real time, a capability its main rival Google Docs has had for more than two years.
In the office, people still prefer Microsoft Office.
In another example of the blurred lines between business and personal computing, Whirlpool chose Google Apps because it's convinced Google's focus on consumers gives it a special innovation edge as a provider of enterprise software.
Adding convenience possibly at the expense of security, Google will now let people without a Google Account view documents stored in its Apps cloud suite.
Microsoft is adding subscription pricing for apps in its Office Store, besides opening eight new store fronts.
Microsoft has added features to Power BI for Office 365, a data analysis tool to complement Excel that the company hasn't yet released in final form.
Nonprofit organizations will be able to sign up for Office 365 for free or at a reduced price as part of a new program Microsoft launched on Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 2 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 3 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 4 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
- 5 iPhone 8: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Microsoft's Surface Book 2 has a power problem
- This week in games: Battlefront II disables microtransactions, Total War goes to Britain
- Star Wars: Battlefront II review: The Dark Side
- iMovie 10 review: Free video editing that's elegant and easy
- Buffered VPN review: It gets the job done
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTTelecommunications Field Engineer (x2)WA
- CCNetwork ArchitectVIC
- FTSplunk EngineerACT
- CCRecords AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTOffice Manager | Start-up | Global Cloud ProviderVIC
- FTProject Manager/Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Telecommunications RiggerOther
- TPAppian DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Siebel DeveloperOther
- FTTIBCO Integration SpecialistOther
- CCLevel 1 Help DeskNSW
- CCAndroid developerNSW
- CCITSM Project ManagerNSW
- CCProduct ManagerNSW
- FTChange Manager, SAPConnect TransformationOther
- FTSupply Master Data AnalystOther
- FTHead of Quality AssuranceNSW
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCOracle CRM OD (On Demand) Consultant - Telecom IndustryVIC
- FTWeb Developer - Drupal 7 or iApplyNSW
- CCInfrastructure Specialist - Pharmaceutical IndustryVIC
- FTDesktop / SCCM EngineerOther
- FTEcommerce Technical ManagerNSW