Red Hat on Wednesday released version 6 of its Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) distribution.
Earlier this fall Google promised that hardware acceleration advances were going to make Chrome 7 as much as 60 times faster than its predecessor, and now the company is working on a new feature that could boost the browser's speed even more.
Mozilla is celebrating the sixth birthday of its Firefox browser today, and it's inviting users of the popular free and open source browser to help by sending in a postcard for display in Mozilla's Mountain View or Paris offices.
CA Technologies has sold off its remaining 20 percent stake in Ingres to venture capital firm Garnett & Helfrich Capital, which is now the open-source database company's sole owner.
Charging that Oracle has willfully disregarded the licensing terms for its own Java technology, the Apache Software Foundation has called upon other members of the Java Community Process (JCP) to vote against the next proposed version of the language...
Microsoft has released into full open source the code of its functional programming language, called F#.
With the many business and government organizations that now use open source software such as Linux, it's becoming increasingly clear that price is not the only advantage such software holds. If it were, companies that adopted it during the Great Rec...
Oracle has apparently raised the price of an entry-level MySQL subscription significantly.
The open-source BI (business intelligence) project BIRT has surpassed 10 million downloads and 1 million developers, project sponsor Actuate announced on Wednesday.
33 contributors to the OpenOffice.org project are leaving, unhappy with what they say is Oracle's attitude toward the project's organisation and management.
Informatica has modified its business intelligence software so that it can work with Cloudera's Hadoop distribution, the two companies announced Monday.
Oracle has updated its lawsuit against Google to allege that parts of its Android mobile phone software "directly copied" Oracle's Java code.
Mozilla today announced that it will delay the release of Firefox 4 until 2011.
Google's Dalvik virtual machine, which runs Java applications in Android phones, is under fire again, this time in a lawsuit filed by Gemalto.
If you use Linux on your company's desktop or server computers, you're already familiar with many of the security advantages the open source operating system offers over its Windows and Mac rivals. What many people don't realize, however, is that Lin...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
- The Full Nerd episode 23: AMD Threadripper vs Intel Core i9, Radeon Vega is here(ish)
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Surface Pro is Microsoft's long-awaited Surface Pro 4 upgrade, restyled as a laptop
- Amazon Web Services sets a lure for Java programmers
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSenior Analyst - Rostering ProjectNSW
- CCProject Manager - Grant managementNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTApplication Support SpecialistQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSenior Project Manager (Applications) - 2 positionsQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- TPAssistant Change Manager | System Implementation ProjectQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTSenior Business Development Manager| SMSF/Accounting SoftwareNSW
- FTICT Business Change SpecialistSA
- CCJava / J2EE DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Software Developer (x3)WA
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTBusiness Process ConsultantNSW
- TPLevel 1-3 Helpdesk OfficerQLD
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTEnterprise Security ArchitectQLD
- FTData Analyst / Reporting SpecialistNSW
- TPInformation Management SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- TPDigital ProducerVIC