Seemingly abandoned by its new owner, the open-source version of the Solaris operating system, called OpenSolaris, has now lost its governing board as well.
Oracle appeared to confirm this week what many in the computer industry already suspected: The OpenSolaris project is dead.
Frustrated by what they consider poor treatment and lack of interest from Oracle, members of the OpenSolaris Governing Board are essentially delivering an ultimatum to the vendor, asking that it appoint a liaison to the group by no later than Aug. 16...
Frustrated by Oracle's delay in releasing the latest version of OpenSolaris, the OpenSolaris Governing Board (OGB) is growing uneasy over Oracle's lack of communication regarding the future of the Unix OS code.
Sun Monday made available the OpenSolaris 2009.06 operating system, which included for the first time Sun's Crossbow technology for creating virtual network infrastructure on a single system.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell’s Inspiron 27 7000 is the first Ryzen All-in-One PC, and it's upgradable too
- Intel's massive 18-core Core i9 chip starts a bloody battle for enthusiast PCs
- In Win's Winbot is a robotic interactive PC case
- Nvidia's Max-Q finally gives you GeForce GTX 1080 graphics in a thin-and-light laptop
- Launceston becomes Australia’s first gigabit city
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksWA
- FTApplication Support EngineerNSW
- FTProject Manager Performance & ControlsQLD
- CCSenior Project Manger - Global MarketsVIC
- FTAnalyst ProgrammerVIC
- CCSenior Network Architect - CCIEVIC
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCDevOps Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- CCSalesforce ArchitectVIC
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTLead Drupal DeveloperQLD
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsNSW
- TPProject Manager - ProcurementQLD
- CCSenior Data EngineerVIC
- FTProcurement OfficerACT
- FTWeb Developer - VR 3D WebGL - Lake MacquarieNSW
- FTDelightful Team with a Great Culture Seeking a PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware Licensing and Contract AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork AdministratorQLD
- CCApplications Support/ DevOps EngineerQLD