Oracle is planning to announce what it calls "a dramatic leap in storage technology" during a Jan. 31 webcast.
Microsoft and HP are teaming up to deliver a $2 million data warehouse appliance and four other hardware/software products in a bid to outshine recent moves by Oracle and IBM.
Hewlett-Packard and Microsoft's unveiling Wednesday of a series of data warehousing appliances has some observers sounding the death knell for HP's Neoview platform.
IBM said Tuesday that net income for the fourth quarter ended Dec. 31 rose nine per cent to $US5.3 billion year over year, helped by strong performance in growth markets as well as software and mainframe sales. Revenue for the quarter was $29 billion...
Additional details have emerged regarding the more than 800 patents Novell is selling to the Microsoft-led consortium CPTN Holdings for US$450 million, about two months after the deal was first announced.
Microsoft announced Monday that its Dynamics CRM Online software is now available in 40 markets around the world, bringing it in closer competition with Salesforce.com and Oracle's CRM on Demand.
Oracle is planning on Tuesday to release 66 security patches affecting hundreds of products, according to a notice posted on its website.
SAP on Thursday reported preliminary results for the fourth quarter and year ending Dec. 31 that showed a strong uptick in software revenue, spurred in part by its acquisition of Sybase last year.
SAP is acquiring software and related assets from its partner SECUDE in order to provide improved security for its customer base, the company said Wednesday. The deal is expected to be completed by Feb. 1. Terms were not disclosed.
The number of companies planning to invest in their ERP (enterprise resource planning) systems will drop slightly this year, according to a Forrester Research report,
In a move that will be seen by many as <strong>a sign of open-source advocates' influence</strong>, <strong>a filing in Germany </strong>to create a consortium led by Microsoft to buy Novell patents has been withdrawn.
In a move that will be seen by many as a big win for open-source advocates, a plan to create a consortium led by Microsoft to buy Novell patents has been withdrawn.
Oracle's lawsuit against Rimini Street is not slowing the smaller company's momentum, as it logged its best-ever performance in the fourth quarter, according to an announcement Tuesday.
Oracle is moving further into rival SAP's turf with Oracle Financial Analytics for SAP, a new BI (business intelligence) application that can crunch ERP (enterprise resource planning) system financial data for insights.
Technology managers at video distributor Netflix Inc., which last year took a big plunge into the public cloud, have started a remarkably candid blog about their experiences with mission-critical cloud computing.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPNode.js DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantACT
- TPICT Customer Support Officer - MurwillumbahNSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksQLD
- FTXamarin DeveloperVIC
- FTAnalyst ProgrammerVIC
- FTEnterprise Security ArchitectQLD
- TPIT Security SpecialistVIC
- CCMaster SchedulerACT
- TPSenior .Net DeveloperQLD
- TPReporting DeveloperWA
- CCGIS Consultant/ Developer - BRISBANENSW
- FTTeam Leader Solution DeliveryQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectSA
- TPFront End .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCWeb Designer - IT Graphics / UI DesignerQLD
- FTInfrastructure Engineer - End User ComputingNSW
- TPArcGIS DeveloperVIC
- FTTest Analyst (Datawarehouse)SA
- TPEnterprise Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTFrontend developerNSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTDigital ProducerNSW