Oracle is conducting a cloud computing road show that will hit roughly 80 cities around the world, according to its website.
A federal judge has set aside the $US139 million judgment against SAP that a jury awarded Versata Software in August 2009, according to a ruling filed Thursday in U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas.
Amazon Web Services on Thursday rolled out two premium support tiers and announced a 50 per cent price cut on existing premium plans, heightening competition with rivals like Rackspace and making a clear overture to enterprises that wish to run their...
The latest release of the Linux operating system kernel offers a number of improvements that should speed up operations in SMP (symmetric multiprocessing) systems.
2010 saw Microsoft make a big grab for the cloud, while big business got serious about building clouds of its own
SAP says Oracle's $1.3 billion judgment in the TomorrowNow case is enough.
Some aspects of the ERP (enterprise resource planning) software landscape, such as tired legacy code-bases and <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9201562/Biggest_ERP_failures_of_2010">disastrous implementation projects</a>, may never go ...
Oracle is being sued by drug-safety software vendor DrugLogic over alleged patent violations, according to a complaint filed Dec. 17 in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
Amazon has brought a fleet of major PeopleSoft and JD Edward applications to its Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2) service, following a promise in September to do so. The new services are certified by Oracle.
Better news about the economy and online spending capped off by strong quarterly results and robust forecasts from Oracle and Research In Motion helped fuel markets this week to new highs.
Oracle's net income for the quarter ended Nov. 30 rose 28 per cent from a year earlier to $US1.9 billion, buoyed by strong software license sales and an improving hardware business, the company said Thursday. Revenue was $8.6 billion, a jump of 47 pe...
Apple, Oracle and EMC are involved with CPTN Holdings LLC, the Microsoft-led consortium that is purchasing 882 patents from Novell for US$450 million, according to a Dec. 9 posting on the website of German antitrust authority Bundeskartellamt, or Fed...
A year ago, Google began discussing the idea of offering a full operating system based on its Chrome browser. This month, Google revealed further details of its plans and began shipping a first run of test units so that developers, reporters and anal...
Oracle's net income for the quarter ended Nov. 30 rose 28 percent to US$1.9 billion compared to the same period last year, buoyed by strong software license sales and an improving hardware business, the company said Thursday. Revenue was $8.6 billion...
With the release of MySQL version 5.5, Oracle is marketing the open-source database for Web application duties, while targeting its namesake Oracle database for enterprise applications.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCIDAM ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- TPDatawarehouse Analyst/DeveloperSA
- FTTest CoordinatorACT
- CCScada Project ManagerWA
- CCSenior Communications Advisor - Australian TelcoVIC
- TPSenior Web Developer/Consultant - ServiceNowNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Training CoordinatorQLD
- FTWeb Content WriterACT
- TPSolution Architect - InfrastructureQLD
- FTWEB DesignerQLD
- FTEnterprise ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Digital BANSW
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect with Magento experience wantedVIC
- FTSecurity ConsultantACT
- CCState-wide Business Transition Lead - BrisbaneVIC
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCPega DeveloperACT
- FTProject Manager Performance & ControlsQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerWA
- FTProject Support OfficerQLD
- CCSenior Project Manger - Global MarketsVIC