IBM is rolling out a major new update to its Cognos BI (business intelligence) platform that includes new features for collaboration, statistical analysis and mobile devices like the Apple iPad.
SAP is seeking a court order to prevent Oracle's lawyers from making public statements about the companies' TomorrowNow lawsuit, fearing the talk will influence potential jurors and prevent SAP from getting a fair trial, according to an SAP motion fi...
Oracle should piggyback on Microsoft's update service to boost users' chances of running a patched version of Java, a security expert said today.
The current model of selling commercial enterprise software is broken, charged the CEO for Red Hat. It is too expensive, doesn't address user needs and, worst of all, it leaves chief information officers holding all the risk of implementing new syste...
Sonatype is enhancing its Maven Central cloud-based software component repository in the areas of performance, availability, and security.
SAP plans to release its High-Performance Analytic Appliance (HANA) in November, roughly six months after announcing the product.
ORLANDO - Gartner Inc. analysts Monday warned that the tech industry is caught in a "vortex of insatiable mergers and acquisitions" that is creating a category of "super vendors" selling highly integrated offerings.
Microsoft said Monday that an "unprecedented wave" of attacks are exploiting vulnerabilities in Oracle's Java software.
Operators have merged two different platforms for distributing Web-based mobile applications, in a effort to start competing with the likes of Apple's AppStore and Google's Market.
Speculation that <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/100510-oracle-to-buy-sso-vendor.html?source=nww_rss">Oracle might buy EMC</a> pushed EMC's <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/101310-emc-tackles-big-data-with.html">stock pri...
A recent Microsoft video suggests the company considers OpenOffice.org a significant threat to its own Office suite.
Oracle sought to dispel any doubts about its commitment to OpenOffice.org on Wednesday, announcing its participation in the ODF Plugfest event in Brussels this week and talking up future development plans for the open source productivity suite.
Oracle and IBM, who are usually bitter rivals, pledged on Monday to collaborate on OpenJDK, which has served as the principal reference implementation of open source Java.
Metro Bank, the first high street bank to be launched in the UK in over a century, opened its first branch in July with a company-wide outsourced, pay-as-you-grow IT infrastructure.
Database security is rife with pitfalls, according to 430 Oracle database administrators surveyed by the Independent Oracle Users Group.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- MSI Wins Computex Best Choice Award 2017 for a Record-Breaking 5 Products
- How to take screenshots in Windows 10
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
- The Full Nerd episode 23: AMD Threadripper vs Intel Core i9, Radeon Vega is here(ish)
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerWA
- CCWintel Server EngineerNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorVIC
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksWA
- CCData Scientists - MultipleACT
- FTLooking for Software TestersACT
- FTDevelopment LeadVIC
- FTDigital Marketing Manager | Initial 6 Month ContractNSW
- FTNetwork AdministratorQLD
- FTSalesforce ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- TPProject Test ManagerQLD
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- FTFrontend developerNSW
- FTSenior Activations Performance Analyst | $700pdVIC
- CCJava Developer / System Designer - Aus Citizens OnlyWA
- CCWCEM DeveloperACT
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- TPIT Security SpecialistVIC
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Sitecore Developer (.NET)QLD