BlackBerry-maker Research In Motion wants to put the new OS found on its upcoming PlayBook tablet on its phones as well, according to an IntoMobile report. The move is not expected to happen any time soon though, more likely a couple of BlackBerry ge...
Here's more evidence of Android's meteoritic rise to the top. According to market researcher Gartner, Google's fledgling open-source mobile operating system, barely a blip on the wireless radar a year ago, will grab the No. 2 spot in global market s...
After some initial uncertainty about the future of WebOS immediately after the Palm-HP merger, it's looking more and more like WebOS has a real future ahead of it.
Palm's WebOS 2.0 beta is now available in limited release to developers, with a full public release planned for later this year.
Now that Hewlett-Packard has announced plans to release a webOS tablet early next year, its next big goal--in addition to building the device--is to persuade software developers to write apps for the mobile gadget.
Hewlett-Packard will release a tablet PC based on Palm's webOS operating system in "early 2011," the head of HP's PC division said Thursday.
Hewlett Packard definitely plans to be in the tablet business, but questions remain about whether it will create different hardware for each of three expected tablet operating systems -- Android , Windows 7 and WebOS.
With Mark Hurd's sudden resignation, Hewlett-Packard Co. has a golden opportunity to hire a CEO with business savvy in mobile, wireless and smartphone areas, helping give the mature technology behemoth a needed and vital strategic direction.
Departing HP CEO Mark Hurd managed to bring HP from the brink of collapse and restore respect for the HP brand in only five years. Forced to resign as a result of a sexual harassment scandal, Hurd takes with him his vision for the future of HP, leavi...
Research in Motion (RIM) unveiled its first BlackBerry with both a touchscreen and a physical slide-out QWERTY keyboard at a New York City press event on Tuesday. The phone is also the first BlackBerry to run 6 OS. The Torch 9800 will debut August 12...
Hewlett Packard is seeking to trademark the name "PalmPad" for computer hardware and mobile devices, providing a solid indication that a tablet computer based on HP's purchase of Palm and its WebOS is under development.
HP has officially completed the acquisition of Palm, making it the proud owner of Palm's coveted intellectual property including WebOS. It is hardly a surprise that before the ink was even dry on finalizing the purchase, HP announced its intent to bu...
Hewlett-Packard on Thursday finalized its acquisition of Palm and confirmed it will use the company's WebOS in future tablets and netbooks.
Matias Duarte, formerly vice president of human interface and user experience at Palm, has left to take a job with Google, marking one of the first defections since Hewlett-Packard announced plans to buy the struggling phone maker.
Hewlett-Packard Co. (HP) reported a 13% revenue increase Tuesday for its most recent quarter, a clear sign that IT spending is on the mend.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTIT Security ConsultantNSW
- FTJunior - Mid Level Technical Customer SupportQLD
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- FTSenior SQL Database SpecialistACT
- FTDevelopment and Delivery Manager - CloudACT
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- FTData Analyst/ Reporting AnalystQLD
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- FTOperations Manager - NV1 Cleared - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerSA
- FTLevel 2 Desktop SupportACT
- FTSplunk Software Developer | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- FTCustomer Account Officers x3NSW
- FTDealing Room Support Analyst - IPC voiceNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior .NET DevelopersSA
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTSQL BI Report DeveloperQLD
- FTAccounts and Office AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTDatabase Engineer (Oracle)ACT
- TPDelivery Coordinator - ProjectsQLD
- CCUX DeveloperQLD