A Chinese hacking group infiltrated the Forbes.com site in November and used it to launch targeted attacks against website visitors from U.S. banking and defense companies, a cybersecurity company said on Tuesday.
Industrial computer manufacturer Advantech has fixed a critical vulnerability in a series of devices that handle data communication for industrial equipment with serial connections and TCP/IP networks.
WordPress sites with the plug-in Fancybox-for-WordPress should apply a critical security update released Thursday that fixes a vulnerability already exploited by attackers.
Siemens released critical security patches for the firmware in its Ruggedcom WIN products which are used as broadband wireless base stations in industrial environments.
Adobe Systems has started distributing an update for the latest Flash security flaw, which is already being exploited in malicious advertising attacks.
Google has expanded its bug bounty programs to cover the company's official mobile applications, and is seeking to stimulate vulnerability research on particular products by offering money in advance to bug hunters.
A critical vulnerability in glibc, a core Linux library, can be exploited remotely through WordPress and likely other PHP applications to compromise Web servers.
The SilentText secure messaging application bundled with Blackphone had a serious vulnerability that would have allowed attackers to decrypt messages, read contact information, gather location data and even execute malicious code on the phone.
Adobe Systems started pushing a critical Flash Player patch to users who have auto-update enabled over the weekend in order to fix a vulnerability that has been exploited by attackers since last week.
Emergency updates for Flash Player released Thursday fix a vulnerability that is actively exploited by attackers, but leave a separate one unpatched.
A critical vulnerability in popular software development collaboration products by Atlassian allows attackers to compromise servers.
Oracle released new security updates for Java to fix 19 vulnerabilities and disable default support for SSL 3.0, an outdated version of the secure communications protocol that is vulnerable to attacks.
Oracle's monster batch of security updates will include a fix for a serious misconfiguration issue in its E-Business Suite product that can give hackers access to databases full of sensitive business records.
The number of exploit kits on the Web dramatically decreased last year, but some have become more sophisticated and shifted their focus to software that is less frequently updated.
Adobe Systems fixed nine vulnerabilities in Flash Player that allow attackers to record users' keystrokes or take complete control of their computers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
- AMD's new AM4 motherboard software cures Ryzen's memory headaches
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCC++ DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystQLD
- TPSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Infrastructure Engineer (Windows & Virtualization)VIC
- FTSplunk Software Developer | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCCloud Architect - AWSVIC
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCGIS Consultant/ Developer - BRISBANENSW
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMONSW
- FTTeam Leader Solution DeliveryQLD
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - RELOCATE TO CANBERRANSW
- CCData ArchitectACT
- FTPrincipal Consultant / Account Delivery Executive.NSW
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- FTSenior Security Engineer x 3NSW
- FTPractise Manager - SecurityVIC
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - WintelVIC
- FTNetwork AdministratorQLD
- TPEnterprise Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTService Implementation Manager BIMNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD