European Netflix users, breathe easy: The video streaming service can keep operating as it always did now that Dutch patent lawsuit has been thrown out of court.
Google and YouTube have been sued in Germany for allegedly infringing on a video streaming patent owned by U.S. software company Max Sound. The case could lead to sales bans on several Google Android products.
There's blood in the water and it comes from Xiaomi, a Chinese smartphone maker that risks becoming a target for patent holders that want the company to pay up.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission can take action against patent trolls when the patent-holding firms engage in unfair business practices, even as the agency works to complete a study on their business model, a commissioner said.
So-called patent trolls may not be as big of a problem as some advocates of U.S. patent reform make them out to be, some conservative patent experts say, in a split with many Republican lawmakers.
Few have probably heard about Digione, but one of the Chinese company's latest products looks quite similar to the iPhone 6, and could potentially spark a patent dispute with Apple.
Samsung Electronics has accused Nvidia of infringing its patents in an apparent response to a September action by Nvidia that accused the South Korean company and Qualcomm of infringing patents related to its GPU technology.
Chipmaker Qualcomm is facing regulatory investigations in the U.S. and Europe in addition to an ongoing anti-monopoly probe in China.
The U.S. tech industry scored a victory this week when President Barack Obama nominated former Google lawyer Michelle Lee to lead the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Patent disputes between Apple-backed Rockstar and Google's Android licensees will be first decided in a California court rather than in a Texas court seen to be more favorable to patent holders.
Samsung has been paying Microsoft US$1 billion a year in royalties to use its technology in Samsung's Android smartphones and tablets, according to a court document filed Friday.
BMC Software has filed a patent infringement suit against ServiceNow, claiming its patents are violated by the rival's IT management technologies.
A U.S. appeals court has thrown out a US$368.2 million award against Apple in a patent infringement case brought by patent-holding and software company VirnetX.
Qualcomm is being urged by a top Chinese regulator to make money in the country in tandem with its local partners.
While Samsung Electronics infringed on Apple's slide-to-unlock patent, that infringement was not willful, a U.S. court has ruled.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 2 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 3 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 4 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
- 5 iPhone 8: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Microsoft's Surface Book 2 has a power problem
- This week in games: Battlefront II disables microtransactions, Total War goes to Britain
- Star Wars: Battlefront II review: The Dark Side
- iMovie 10 review: Free video editing that's elegant and easy
- Buffered VPN review: It gets the job done
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPInformation Security ManagerQLD
- TPCyber Security ConsultantNSW
- FTService Desk CoordinatorVIC
- CCServiceNow ConsultantVIC
- CCIntel Active Directory SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Digital ProducerOther
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Merchant acquiringNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerWA
- FTSecurity Solution ArchitectOther
- FTIntegration Developer (Mulesoft)Other
- FTInnovation Coach, Lean Startup & Design Thinking approachOther
- TPBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- CCDevelopers ? Multiple opportunities (Brisbane)VIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTSnr Information Security Consultant - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCMobile Applications DevelopersACT
- FTSenior Software EngineerOther
- FTProject ManagerOther
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerQLD
- FTChange Analyst, Transformation, SAPOther
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTData AnalystOther
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW