Intel will integrate DirectX 11 graphics technology in its next generation of laptop and desktop chips based on the Ivy Bridge architecture, a company executive said on Thursday.
An Intel executive on Friday said that its Light Peak interconnect technology, designed to link PCs to devices like displays and external storage, is ready for implementation.
Gigabyte Technology on Thursday released a series of high-speed motherboards designed to let more applications run at once, without losing speed, and to convert video 10 times faster than normal.
The world's largest chip maker will show off its most advanced line of microprocessors ever at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas on Wednesday, complete with a range of laptop and desktop PCs with the chips inside.
An experimental Intel chip shows the feasibility of building processors with 1,000 cores, an Intel researcher has asserted.
Arm hopes to bring high-performance graphics applications such as 3D imaging and gaming to handheld devices like smartphones while keeping battery life intact with a new graphics processor design it announced on Wednesday.
Intel on Wednesday said it would release in the first quarter next year Core VPro processors for business desktops and laptops that incorporate a host of new security and management features.
Intel on Tuesday said the company would begin contract manufacturing of chips, a change from the company's policy of serving only itself through its factories.
Gigabyte's new 6 Series motherboards will support the second generation Intel Core processors (codenamed Sandy Bridge) as well as USB 3.0, SATA 6Gbps and CrossFire X.
MIPS Technologies this week said it will put its processor architecture in tablets and smartphones as it prepares to duel rivals Arm and Intel in those fast-growing markets.
Advanced Micro Devices on Thursday posted a net loss for the third quarter, but reported a boost in microprocessor and graphics products sales as it inches its way back to profitability.
On Tuesday, Nvidia announced it was going to support x86 processors as a target for CUDA applications. This means that apps that are currently written to support Nvidia's GPU line for compute applications will be able to run on standard x86 CPUs--no ...
Intel is testing a processor-upgrade program that may alienate the power users it hopes to attract. The Intel Upgrade Service pilot is a retail store offering that boosts the performance of select desktop PCs with the Pentium G6951 processor.
Nvidia's GPU Tech Conference is evolving to have an even stronger emphasis on high performance computing than the past couple of years. Yes, there are token nods towards the consumer side of the business--Cyberlink is at the show, demoing 3D Blu-ray-...
Intel has announced that its new Sandy Bridge processors will begin shipping "in high volume" early next year. The long-awaited processor line, now renamed the Second-Generation Intel Core processor, was finally announced at the 2010 Intel Developer ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The top 3 Best DDR4 computer memory RAM kits in 2017 that you can buy right now
- Watch us play Vanquish on PC
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
- Nvidia's new generation of powerful GeForce GTX Battlebox PCs finally embraces AMD
- How Thunderbolt 3 won the port wars
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- The simple RAM buying guide
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTJunior - Mid Level Technical Customer SupportQLD
- FTSenior Infrastructure Engineer (Windows & Virtualization)VIC
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCDevOps Engineer with strong Docker skills - Contract - North Shore SydneyNSW
- FTLearning & Development Consultant, Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager Information ManagementQLD
- FTBusiness Improvement ManagerNSW
- FTSenior PHP Developer - SymfonyQLD
- CCService DeskSA
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- CCChange AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness Intelligence and Analytic Solution DesignersACT
- FTSenior SharePoint Administrator. Location -ACTACT
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCIT Systems Specialist- Database l Bathurst LocationNSW
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- FTTelecommunications Provisioning LeadQLD
- TPProject Manager - Change ManagementQLD
- CCReporting System Specialist - Port MacquarieNSW
- FTOperations Manager - NV1 Cleared - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTManual Test AnalystQLD
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC