Intel Core i3, Core i5, and Core i7 CPUs have been around for over a year now, but some buyers still get stumped whenever they attempt to build their own systems and are forced to choose among the three. With the more recent Sandy Bridge architecture...
Building your own PC may seem to be difficult or a waste of time but it has many advantages.
Happy Clean-Your-Keyboard Day! Okay, I made that up, but think about it: when was the last time you did anything with your keyboard besides drop cookie crumbs on it?
Selecting components to build a fast PC for everyday office and multimedia tasks is never an easy undertaking, no matter how well you know your stuff. You have to make a large number of decisions about components, and the longer you take to research ...
This article is the seventh and final in a series of how-to stories on building a computer.
This article is the sixth in a series of how-to stories on building a computer.
This article is the fifth in a series of how-to stories on building a computer.
This article is the fourth in a series of how-to stories on building a computer.
This article is the third in a series of how-to stories on building a computer. For a video version of part three, click here.
Overclocking refers to pushing your computer components harder and faster than the manufacturer designed them to go. The initial pitch is seductive: Buy a slower, lower-cost CPU; juice up the clock speed; and presto! You have a cheap, high-end proces...
Is your netbook envious of touch-driven devices? You can't turn your netbook into an iPad, but you can retrofit it with a touchscreen and avoid the tiny touchpad.
A guide from Instructables member Elgatoandaluz shows you how to create your own trackball using a cardboard case and parts from an optical mouse and a deodorant stick. First, take the top portion off of a standard optical mouse and begin salvaging t...
Here's how to identify every important cable for use with computer monitors.
From FireWire to Bluetooth, and from PATA to PS/2, we have information on all the plugs you need for your hard drives, cameras, phones, input devices, and other peripherals.
I just installed Windows 7 on a Compaq laptop that was previously running Vista. It was a clean install, meaning I wiped the hard drive rather than simply upgrading the OS. (I had my reasons for doing so, but I won't bore you with them here.)
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Nest Hub Max (2019) review
- 2 Plantronics BackBeat Pro 5100 (2019) review
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 (2019) review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ Australian review (2019)
- 5 Oppo Reno Z Australian review (2019)
Join the newsletter!
- Surviving the Aftermath hands-on: It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine(ish)
- PDXCON 2019: Paradox reveals Crusader Kings III, Surviving the Aftermath, and more
- Overwatch: Legendary Edition (Nintendo Switch) review
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition (Nintendo Switch) review
- John Wick Hex (2019) review
PCW Evaluation Team
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
- Best true wireless earbuds: Jabra vs Sony vs Beats
- The Pixel 4 has everything you expected (plus a killer price-tag)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ Australian review (2019)
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?