PC prices are going up due to a shortage of a number of components, and the situation isn't expected to change in the coming quarters.
PC shipments again contracted in the third quarter, as consumers continued to refuse to buy replacements for their aging machines.
From PCs to servers, Intel is trying to redesign the way computers operate. We've already seen how PCs are changing, with 2-in-1 hybrids and tiny Compute Sticks, but some of the chip maker's groundbreaking technologies will initially appear in server...
Samsung wants to cram faster and more power-efficient DDR4 DRAM in laptops and hybrids with new memory chips it introduced on Monday.
Millions of people will buy VR headsets in the coming years to play games and view 3D content, and those sales could spark a real-world war among chip-makers.
HP today announced a slew of new consumer computing devices that are available to buy now. The new computers don’t run Windows 10 out of the box, but will be upgradeable once the new operating system rolls out from 29 July. Here’s the low-down on the...
Michael Dell said Monday that Dell Inc. would begin shipping Windows 10 PCs to customers on July 29, even though Microsoft seems to be saying otherwise.
I got not one, but two very exciting Macs this week. The first was a new main Mac, the replacement for my trusty 2008 MacBook Pro: A tricked-out 5K iMac.
It only took an embarrassing adware scandal that put millions of PCs at risk, but Lenovo has had a revelation: People just want clean Windows.
Following the commercial availability of Windows 8.1, Toshiba has released its 8-inch tablet, Encore.
Leap Motion, a computer hardware sensor device that supports hand and motion input, has gone on sale exclusively in Australia through Dick Smith retail stores, the company has announced.
The Chromebook can be a powerful workhorse -- here's how to replace your standard laptop for work
While Windows 8 is getting blamed for dismal PC sales, upgrading laptops and desktop systems isn't a priority for business users, according to new research.
As part of Microsoft's loan of $2 billion to a group trying to buy PC maker Dell, the two companies must modify the payment terms of Dell's current agreements with Microsoft, a document filed with U.S. regulators said.
Microsoft's stock took a beating in trading today after a pair of research firms said PC shipments in the first quarter were down as much as 14% from the year before.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- Alienware 13 full, in-depth review
- The critical importance of STEAM education
- Radeon Vega Frontier Edition: Benchmarks and behind-the-scenes AMD interview
- Hands-on: AMD's Radeon Vega Frontier Edition vs Nvidia Titan Xp
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPActive Directory AdministratorACT
- FTContract ManagerACT
- FTLead UX/UI DesignerOther
- FTDigital Records ManagerACT
- TPSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTPL/ SQL developerOther
- FTSenior Project AnalystOther
- TPHelp desk AnalystsACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack Web DeveloperOther
- FTRelocate to Perth for Technology OpportunitiesQLD
- CCNetwork Architect - part time contract, Sydney Western SuburbsNSW
- FTIT Support Specialist - Level 2Other
- FTService Delivery CoordinatorOther
- FTDesktop EngineerOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Siebel - Canberra / MelbourneOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst l GROUP LIFE INSURANCE l SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Project AnalystOther
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Agile ConsultantOther
- TPICT Customer Support Officer - ArmidaleNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorOther
- FTSenior Big Data Engineer | Media DataOther
- TPAnalyst Program SupportVIC
- CCJunior Security AnalystNSW