You may not realise this when you first look at it, but Intel's Next Unit of Computing (or simply, NUC), is a powerful computer that's perfect for a huge range of exciting applications. It's a computer that is centered around an Intel Desktop motherb...
For those that call tablets personal computers, Apple Inc. is the world's top PC maker, according to research firm Canalys.
Intel expects to see more innovation in PC design in the next year than there has been since the mid-1990s.
Windows 8 has delivered no bump to flagging consumer PC sales in the US, a retail research analyst said.
Need a mouse for your Windows 8 laptop or a keyboard for your Windows RT tablet? These devices from Microsoft and Logitech are solid options from proven peripherals vendors.
Respondents largely opted for tablets over PCs in a survey asking which computer they had on their holiday wish list.
Hewlett-Packard (HP) has advised consumer customers not to downgrade new PCs equipped with Windows 8 to the earlier Windows 7.
Driven by millions of upgrades, Windows 8's global usage share climbed by a third last month, but the new OS's adoption pace remained lethargic compared to that of its predecessor three years ago.
Microsoft's Metro environment in Windows 8 and Windows RT takes the iPad approach to apps, but is it better?
If you install OCZ's latest solid-state product in your desktop or laptop, it won't show up as a separate drive that you can drag and drop data onto.
For the eighth year running, Apple again beat rival computer makers that sell Windows PCs in an annual customer satisfaction survey, a researcher said today.
Windows 8 will include a new feature that lets IT administrators provide workers with a portable Windows environment on a USB thumb drive.
Windows XP quietly turned 10 years old Wednesday, a milestone for the still-popular operating system that powers nearly half the world's PCs.
Windows 7 will be on 42% of the world's computers by the end of this year, a Gartner analyst predicted today.
Microsoft's Windows XP has slipped under the 50% share mark for the first time since Web measurement company Net Applications began tracking operating system usage.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
- AMD's new AM4 motherboard software cures Ryzen's memory headaches
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCUser ResearchACT
- TPTechnical AnalystVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Solution AnalystVIC
- FTEnterprise ArchitectVIC
- FTChange AnalystQLD
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- FTSecurity ConsultantNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCSAP ISU Functional ConsultantVIC
- FTWeb Developer - 2 PositionsQLD
- FTCyber Security Technical WriterNSW
- TPDatawarehouse Test AnalystSA
- FTIT Systems Specialists - Collaboration SystemsNSW
- CCWeb DesignerQLD
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager or Coordinator - Retail Store ProjectsNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 3 Service Desk Support Engineer / Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior .NET DevelopersSA
- FTSenior Software EngineerACT
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCSQL Analyst DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD