Adobe said today that it would patch a critical Reader vulnerability on Thursday.
Adobe has revealed that it will strengthen the security controls in the Adobe Reader application by adding sandboxing in the next release. With malicious attacks targeting Adobe products more frequently, it is definitely a move in the right direction...
Adobe provides its beleaguered PDF reader with sandbox technology to thwart exploits. "This is coming out in the next major release", reveals Brad Arkin, head of security at Adobe, to Webwereld.
An Adobe patch for a well-publicized bug in the company's Reader PDF software doesn't fix the vulnerability, the security researcher who uncovered the flaw confirmed.
Adobe late Friday warned that attackers are exploiting a critical vulnerability in the company's most widely-used software: Flash Player and Adobe Reader.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- Amazon has knocked $50 off the price of a 1TB SSD
- 10 supremely useful Microsoft OneNote add-ins and tools
- Hands-on: How the Asus ROG GX501 Zephyrus performs with Nvidia's Max-Q technology
- EU fines Google €2.42 billion, orders changes in search results
- OnePlus 5 review: This mid-range Android phone is speedy inside, but stale outside
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSystems Network Engineer - DDOSVIC
- TPProcurement Specialist - ITQLD
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer (.Net)Other
- FTFusion Middleware DeveloperACT
- FTIT Support Specialist - Level 2Other
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- FTSystems Engineer SCCMACT
- FTSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonOther
- CCTechnical Specialist - VirtualisationVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst | 12 month fixed term contractQLD
- CCTechnical Support - L2ACT
- CCDesktop Support EngineerVIC
- FTPeopleSoft Business Analyst - PageUp implementationOther
- FTHealthcare Integration Support/ Junior DBA - Brisbane BasedQLD
- FTProject Manager - ERPQLD
- TPData Migration ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - Data AnalyticsOther
- FTSenior Big Data Engineer | Media DataOther
- CCTechnical Support - L2 with NV1 OR NV2 clearance (current / inactive).VIC
- FTDigital Business Analyst - MediaOther
- CCSystems Specialist - Linux / Windows / Network l Port MacquarieQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTIntegration & BI Manager - C-levelNSW