Mobile World Congress is not the best place to launch a new messaging app: With thousands of tech-savvy visitors in Barcelona, many of them toting multiple connected devices, public wireless and Wi-Fi networks quickly become so saturated that it's di...
The U.S. Department of Justice did not mislead a court and attempt to entrap file storage site Megaupload on copyright infringement charges, the agency said in a new filing in the case.
Peer-to-peer software developer Frostwire has agreed to settle U.S. Federal Trade Commission charges that its software would likely cause users to unknowingly share sensitive personal files, including pictures, from their Android devices, the FTC sai...
An entrepreneur and over a dozen hip-hop artists are suing CBS over its part in contributing to piracy. The suit, filed by FilmOn founder Alki David in federal court on Wednesday, accuses CBS's CNET arm of exacerbating piracy problem by distributing...
What do curse words, porn terms and the word BitTorrent have in common? They're all blacklisted from Google Instant.
Two researchers may have found a way to greatly reduce traffic bottlenecks that could take place in ad hoc networks. Such work may be essential for the future development of sensor networks, they say.
A group led by former Pirate Bay spokesman Peter Sunde is forming to develop a peer-to-peer-based alternative to today's ICANN-controlled DNS system, according to a blog posted on Tuesday.
Less than a month after its "permanent shut down," LimeWire has been resurrected by an anonymous dev team -- and it's better and more powerful than before. Or, well, something like that.
File-sharing program LimeWire has been permanently shut down after a federal judge found it guilty of assisting users in committing copyright infringement "on a massive scale."
In a major victory for the music industry, a New York federal judge has ordered embattled P2P software maker LimeWire to immediately and permanently stop distributing and supporting its file-sharing software.
Use Pirate Bay to find or swap files? If so, about 4 million of you have just had your accounts hacked and user names, e-mail and Internet addresses compiled by a 23-year-old Argentinian (and two pals) exploiting the site's SQL vulnerabilities.
A package of legislation designed to combat copyright infringement in Britain is stirring more controversy as it moves through Parliament.
The deal between Global Gaming Factory (GGF) X and Peerialism, whose P-to-P (peer-to-peer) technology was supposed to be a key component of the new Pirate Bay's infrastructure, has been called off, according to Peerialism's CEO Johan Ljungberg.
A Seattle man was sentenced to more than three years in prison Tuesday for using the Limewire file-sharing service to lift personal information from computers across the U.S.
The founders of widely used BitTorrent tracker The Pirate Bay are getting ready to launch IPREDator, a network service that makes people online more anonymous by using a VPN (virtual private network).
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Steam's Summer Sale kicks off with a $15 Steam Link, game discounts galore, and digital stickers
- Hands-on: Surviving Mars captures the excitement and dread of launching a colony mission
- Dell XPS 15 (2017) review: Kaby Lake and a 4K display make a difference
- Ring Video Doorbell review
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTDirector ICT Programme Management Office – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- FTJava Developer - Networking ExperienceOther
- FTService Delivery Manager - Telecommunications InfrastructureOther
- FTx2 Senior Test Analyst/Lead - DWH - Informatica ETLOther
- FTLead Android DeveloperOther
- FTSoftware and Middleware DevelopersACT
- FTSoftware Engineer - Content Design NetworkOther
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- CCIT Vendor / Partner ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCvRealize Solution DesignerACT
- FTProject SchedulerOther
- FTSAP Fiori ODATA SpecialistACT
- CCPeoplesoft campus solution consultant/TesterNSW
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- FTSAP ICT TrainerOther
- FTTest ManagerACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence / Datawarehouse DeveloperOther
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- FTPresales Solution Architect - NetworksNSW
- FTSecurity Solution ConsultantVIC
- TPSAP Training Officer - FinanceQLD
- FTTRIM TrainersACT
- FTIT Systems Specialists - Collaboration SystemsOther
- FTSAP ETL DeveloperOther