Apparently caught off guard by strong demand for Xim, a mobile photo-sharing app from its Fuse Labs researchers, a regretful Microsoft has released it globally for Android and Windows Phone, while promising iOS support is due soon.
Google's YouTube division has bought the Directr movie-making app for smartphones and will offer it free.
Do you ever wonder what people 2000 years from now will think of our current society when they discover that we spent our days watching videos of angry-looking cats? I don't, and it's probably for the best. In any case, here are the biggest, best, be...
Flickr has unveiled updated camera shooting features such as new, live-view filters; customised filter adjustments; and sophisticated grid, zoom, focus, and exposure lock controls. And everything's wrapped in an intuitive, gesture-based interface.
Step aside, Vine: 15-second videos are coming to Instagram on iOS and Android, complete with basic editing, filters, and stabilisation.
Is the HTC One a smartphone that takes pictures or a camera that makes phone calls? That question may sound facetious, but there's the buzz around the upcoming HTC One and its newfangled UltraPixel camera--which will land in consumer hands on April 1...
Teacher Dave Basulto knows first hand what shrinking budgets can mean to school arts programs. His solution? Pair an inexpensive iPad mini with the iOgrapher (funding through April 13), a mounting system he's developed for Apple's tiny tablet.
Consumers might not have to upgrade their phones to take advantage of a new video compression system that can send high-definition images much more efficiently than today's most popular formats.
Twitter on Thursday released a new, video-focused iPhone app--replete with a social network of its own. If a tweet is 140 characters and a picture's worth 1000 words, a six-second video of the sort you can create with Vine must be worth 144,000 words...
Apple iPhone 4S users can easily annoy people around them by talking to their handset when using the built-in assistant feature known as Siri.
A pair of researchers from Dartmouth University have devised a metric for quantifying how much a digital photograph has been altered by digital photo-editing techniques.
Apple's major overhaul of its iOS operating system arrives today, but amidst the excitement comes a major concern: Will iOS 5 function properly on older model iPhones? Or will there be an added circle of bricked-iPhone hell comparable to what happene...
Adobe plans to release six applications designed to be used exclusively on touch-based devices, including apps to execute creative tasks such as photo editing and Web page design, the company announced Monday.
Name: Terenzio Volpicelli
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
- AMD's new AM4 motherboard software cures Ryzen's memory headaches
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerSA
- FTSupport OfficerSA
- FTTIBCO Support AnalystVIC
- FTL2/L3 Desktop Technician - FIFOWA
- FTApplication Support EngineerACT
- FTPMO Quality OfficerNSW
- CCSplunk - Technical AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Specialist - Cloud ServicesVIC
- TPETL DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP Deployment ConsultantNSW
- TPICT Customer Support Officer - ForsterNSW
- FTTeam Leader Solution DeliveryQLD
- TPProject Test ManagerQLD
- CCSAP ISU Functional ConsultantVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTTechnology Project ManagerNSW
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- FTDemand Release ManagerNSW
- CCSAP HCM Support & Configuration ConsultantQLD
- TPData AnalystVIC
- FTSecurity ConsultantNSW
- TPSenior Sitecore Developer (.NET)QLD
- TPSenior Helpdesk Support OfficerQLD