I've previously suggested you should format your memory card using your digital camera's format command rather than simply deleting the photos. In fact, some photo pros format their card each and every time they are done taking a batch of photos. (I ...
In theory, using your camera's flash is simple. You use it when there isn't enough light to take a picture with natural light alone.
The folks at the Open Camera Controller (OCC), a system that uses an older Nintendo DS handheld to provide more options to photographers seeking to get the most out of their DSLR cameras.
A very long time ago--back before there were high-resolution color monitors and digital cameras--computer geeks amused themselves by arranging text on the computer screen into rudimentary, two-color pictures known as ASCII art.
Frequently asked photo questions from readers.
Photos are like snowflakes: No two are exactly alike. Nonetheless, we all encounter the same problems with our digital photos, over and over again: red-eye, digital noise, bad exposure, blurry images, and distracting elements.
There was a time when I'd explain the basics of digital photography by describing the memory card as "digital film."
Most people think of photography as a daytime hobby. When it gets dark out, perhaps you'll pop the flash up and take some snapshots, but that's about it.
The other day, as we were looking at our Christmas photos, my daughter said, "The background is too cluttered because of the tree and presents. You should take me out of this picture and put me against a plain white backdrop." I pointed out that 10 y...
I love photography because it is half art, half science. The art half you can acquire through practice, experimentation, and taking inspiration from other people's work.
In the old days, there were more graphics file formats in use than languages spoken at the United Nations, including BMP, PCX, TIFF, TGA, and a few dozen more.
When it comes to embedding a watermark--a partially transparent text overlay, typically used to identify that an image is a sample, or credit the source--in digital images, almost any image editing program worth its salt can get this common task acco...
When we were kids, our friends and family exchanged holiday cards decorated with artwork and messages thoughtfully provided by Hallmark. It wasn't as though we lacked the creativity to make our own cards; we simply didn't own our own printing press. ...
Photographers love to talk about the "magic hour" in the morning and late afternoon when the sun is perfectly positioned for awe-inspiring photos. Listen to enough of that sort of talk, and you'll start to believe that early morning and dusk are the ...
The holidays are a time for colorful gifts, candy canes, and holiday pictures. And with a little attention to exposure settings and shooting techniques, you can capture great holiday photos you'll want to share.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- iPhone 8 Plus vs. LG G6: Which has the best camera in a smartphone?
- Logitech G703 review: A mainstream wireless mouse with some exceptional features
- Logitech G903 review: The best wireless mouse that (lots of) money can buy
- Logitech Powerplay review: Wireless-charging mouse pad will make you a believer
- Data recovery in the age of ransomware
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- FTSenior Systems Analyst - Network/InfrastructureOther
- CCDrupal Developer / Site BuilderNSW
- CCMigration EngineerNSW
- FTTeam Lead, Asset Mgmt & OperationsOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer - Firewalls (Juniper )Other
- TPProject Manager - Data Feed ReplacementVIC
- CCSite Support Officer - FIFO - Cape PrestonWA
- CCSolutions ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Applications EngineerNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Delphi, VMS, FortranOther
- CCSoftware EngineerNSW
- CCLead Pega Systems ArchitectACT
- FTImplementation ManagerOther
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperQLD
- FTSystems AnalystsOther
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPProject SchedulerQLD
- FTMid Level UX DesignerOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Permanent PositionQLD
- FTSr Integration Architect - next year startACT
- CCWindows AdminVIC