I've previously suggested you should format your memory card using your digital camera's format command rather than simply deleting the photos. In fact, some photo pros format their card each and every time they are done taking a batch of photos. (I ...
In theory, using your camera's flash is simple. You use it when there isn't enough light to take a picture with natural light alone.
The folks at the Open Camera Controller (OCC), a system that uses an older Nintendo DS handheld to provide more options to photographers seeking to get the most out of their DSLR cameras.
A very long time ago--back before there were high-resolution color monitors and digital cameras--computer geeks amused themselves by arranging text on the computer screen into rudimentary, two-color pictures known as ASCII art.
Frequently asked photo questions from readers.
Photos are like snowflakes: No two are exactly alike. Nonetheless, we all encounter the same problems with our digital photos, over and over again: red-eye, digital noise, bad exposure, blurry images, and distracting elements.
There was a time when I'd explain the basics of digital photography by describing the memory card as "digital film."
Most people think of photography as a daytime hobby. When it gets dark out, perhaps you'll pop the flash up and take some snapshots, but that's about it.
The other day, as we were looking at our Christmas photos, my daughter said, "The background is too cluttered because of the tree and presents. You should take me out of this picture and put me against a plain white backdrop." I pointed out that 10 y...
I love photography because it is half art, half science. The art half you can acquire through practice, experimentation, and taking inspiration from other people's work.
In the old days, there were more graphics file formats in use than languages spoken at the United Nations, including BMP, PCX, TIFF, TGA, and a few dozen more.
When it comes to embedding a watermark--a partially transparent text overlay, typically used to identify that an image is a sample, or credit the source--in digital images, almost any image editing program worth its salt can get this common task acco...
When we were kids, our friends and family exchanged holiday cards decorated with artwork and messages thoughtfully provided by Hallmark. It wasn't as though we lacked the creativity to make our own cards; we simply didn't own our own printing press. ...
Photographers love to talk about the "magic hour" in the morning and late afternoon when the sun is perfectly positioned for awe-inspiring photos. Listen to enough of that sort of talk, and you'll start to believe that early morning and dusk are the ...
The holidays are a time for colorful gifts, candy canes, and holiday pictures. And with a little attention to exposure settings and shooting techniques, you can capture great holiday photos you'll want to share.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Power surge at British Airways data center causes flight chaos
- Asus' affordable but powerful VivoBook Pro 15 to offer Optane Memory
- Asus unveils the super slim ZenBook Flip S convertible
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
PCW Evaluation Team
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTDealing Room Support Analyst - IPC voiceNSW
- FTManual TesterACT
- FTData Analyst - BIQLD
- TPTechnical AnalystVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- TPSenior Helpdesk Support OfficerQLD
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTApplications Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- CCIdentity Access Management - Business AnalystVIC
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTTest CoordinatorACT
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTManager, DevOpsQLD
- FTSupport OfficerSA
- CCSenior Project Manager - Higher EducationVIC
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSecurity Engineer (Cisco ASA) - Professional Services - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTDatabase Engineer (Oracle)ACT
- FTUX / UI Designer MobileNSW
- FTInfrastructure Engineer - End User ComputingNSW
- CCMicrosoft (Sharepoint) Specialist-BathurstNSW