At the heart of the fraught court battle between video gaming giant Sony and a clutch of tiny Australian technology retailers kicked off in Melbourne this month is a simple disparity between the philosophical way in which each views the PlayStation 3...
The video games industry is about to receive its biggest technological shake-up since it switched from monochrome to colour.
Sony's PlayStation Move motion-tracking "wands" may lack a killer app, but they don't miss a gesture.
Unlike most video games, which are designed to allow gamers to get it right, Heavy Rain staunchly insists that there is no such thing: much like life, there are only the choices that we make and the consequences that arise from them.
Remember the phrase "interactive movie" tossed around in the 1990s?
2009 sure went by quick, eh readers? It feels like only yesterday that we were sticking the boot into 2008's most overrated games (did Grand Theft Auto IV really come out two years ago?) Soon it'll be 2010's turn. We're putting our early bets on Heav...
PS3 Slim. It's real, and it's in stores.
Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past few days, you’ve doubtlessly heard about the PlayStation 3 Slim and accompanying $200 price drop. Next month, the big black box we know and love will be replaced with a svelte, streamlined variant t...
Last month, Sony launched VidZone for the PlayStation 3 -- an on-demand video service that offers thousands of music videos free of charge.
What came first, the motion controller or the Nintendo Wii? That is the age-old question. According to Shigeru Miyamoto, it was the latter that laid gaming's golden egg, and not the other way around.
Over the past 24 hours, Aussie and European gamers have been reeling from the news that Ghostbusters: The Videogame will be a PlayStation exclusive in PAL territories.
The PlayStation 3 is the most powerful, versatile gaming console ever made. But to tap into all that power, read our helpful quick reference guide.
Sony's community-based service for the PlayStation 3
Sony's John Kohler answers burning questions about the PlayStation 3. Can the most expensive console survive in an uncertain economy?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- AMD, Nvidia coin mining graphics cards appear as gaming GPU shortage intensifies
- Akitio Node Cabinet review: Real, affordable graphics for your laptop
- Qantas booking systems go down after software fail
- Cadbury factory in Hobart hit as ransomware attacks Aussie businesses
- 10 supremely useful Microsoft OneNote add-ins and tools
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCBusiness Program ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Front End DevelopersOther
- FTQuality Assurance Specialist | 50 p/hrOther
- CCRelease and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCAPI Platform EngineerNSW
- FTService Desk Consultant - Level 2Other
- CCNetwork Systems Specialist - Port MacquarieQLD
- FTDesktop EngineerOther
- FTFull Stack .Net DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Project AnalystOther
- FTICT System TrainersACT
- FTSenior DevOps Consultant, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTFront End Developer (Mid-Level)Other
- FT.Net DeveloperQLD
- FTProject Coordinator - DigitalOther
- FTPHP DeveloperWA
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperOther
- CCSAP MM Functional ConsultantVIC
- FTPython Fullstack Developer (Full Stack Environment)Other
- TPSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- FTOffice & Operations AdministratorNSW
- CCPeoplesoft campus solution consultant/TesterNSW
- FTProject Manager- Infrastructure & cloud computingOther