Australian Privacy Commissioner Timothy Pilgrim will not appeal a Federal Court decision that confirmed a ruling by the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) limiting the ‘metadata’ Telstra is compelled to hand over to an individual if that individu...
Facebook must stop collecting information about WhatsApp users in Germany, a local privacy watchdog has ordered.
Tech luminaries Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple, and Jimmy Wales, founder of Wikipedia, have joined a new campaign pushing for a pardon of National Security Agency leaker Edward Snowden.
IBM has responded to the Census debacle after a conspicuous silence in the wake of Tuesday night’s website meltdown.
Hackers love health apps because their popularity has outpaced the industry's ability to safeguard them. Technology experts discussed the privacy and security risks at a House hearing July 14 with the Energy and Commerce subcommittee.
Before you throw away that old hard drive, make sure you purge the memory clean. A new study has found that most users are accidentally giving up photos, social security numbers and financial data, by failing to properly delete the files on their re...
Microsoft-LinkedIn deal: ‘Don’t let exciting possibilities blind you to privacy and security concerns’
Forrester analysts discuss implications of the US$26.2 billion acquisition.
The journalists' union has condemned as an attack on press freedom raids staged overnight by the Australian Federal Police.
We’re all used to hype, and we can forgive genuine enthusiasm for shiny new technologies, but many of the claims being made for blockchain are just beyond the pale, writes Steve Wilson of Constellation Research.
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has indicated that the government will work with the private sector to counteract the use of encryption technologies by criminals, invoking the now-resolved standoff between Apple and the FBI over the issue.
With privacy and secrecy functions a given in competing messaging systems, BlackBerry is dropping the subscription fee for users of the 'retract' and 'timer' functions of its cross-platform BBM messaging app.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has taken a major step toward new regulations requiring Internet service providers to get customer permission before using or sharing their Web-surfing history and most other personal information.
A fresh analysis of documents disclosed by former U.S. intelligence contractor Edward Snowden shows that AT&T has been a much closer and eager partner for the National Security Agency's Internet spying activities than was previously known.
Mozilla wants to make private browsing truly private.
It's possible for companies to design their encryption systems to allow law enforcement agencies to access customer data with court-ordered warrants while still offering solid security, U.S. Department of Justice officials said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Anker's extremely popular ergonomic mouse is 70% off today
- Google explains why Android apps still aren't on Chromebooks
- HP's Envy 13 offers Surface Laptop features without the markup—or Windows 10 S
- HP's Spectre x2 may be the Surface Pro killer we've been waiting for
- Windows 10 S will not run Linux, even though it's a downloadable Windows app
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Moto G5 smartphone: full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTNetwork AdministratorQLD
- TPSenior ConsultantNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageVIC
- TPSenior Web Developer/Consultant - ServiceNowNSW
- FTWintel EngineerACT
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FT.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC
- FTPHP DeveloperWA
- FTSupport OfficerSA
- TPProject Test ManagerQLD
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ProductsNSW
- FTPMO Quality OfficerNSW
- FTSystem Engineer - VMWare, UCS, NetAppVIC
- FTIT Security ConsultantNSW
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- TPDigital Process Business Analyst - Digital Transformation**NSW
- CCSQL Analyst DeveloperNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC
- FTLAMP Stack DeveloperNSW