Organizations and regulators across Europe, including Germany, have started looking into the use of Carrier IQ's tracking software, to ensure that mobile phone vendors and operators are not violating users' privacy.
The outcry over Carrier IQ's mobile-phone tracking software continued Friday, with a U.S. congressman asking the Federal Trade Commission to investigate the company.
Consumer Watchdog has called for a U.S. government investigation of Carrier IQ, the maker of tracking software for mobile phones, and its users.
The U.S. House of Representatives Intelligence Committee has approved a recently introduced bill that would allow greater cyberthreat information sharing between U.S. intelligence agencies and private companies even though privacy advocates say it wo...
Verizon Wireless said Thursday it doesn't add to its phones any software from Carrier IQ, the company that has come under fire in the past few days for what some say amounts to spying on mobile phone users.
So you're at the company Christmas party, and you've drank too much. The next day, an unflattering photo is on Facebook, but you don't know it since you haven't been tagged.
Privacy and technology groups generally applauded a wide-ranging settlement between Facebook and the U.S. Federal Trade Commission over the social-networking site's privacy practices.
Facebook has agreed to settle US Federal Trade Commission charges that it deceived consumers "on numerous occasions" by telling them they could keep their personal information private, then repeatedly sharing that information, the agency said Tuesday...
To make it simpler for businesses to comply with the multiplicity of data protection regimes across Europe, Viviane Reding envisages letting European Union companies set their own privacy rules -- as long as they agree with one national data protecti...
A team of privacy researchers and product designers from Europe and the U.S. have released a browser-based implementation of Privicons, a project that aims to provide users with a simple method of expressing their expectations of privacy when sending...
A leading Member of the European Parliament (MEP) has said that she will not be silenced on the shortcomings of a new deal to pass European airline travelers' information to the United States.
The Chinese government is using Internet censorship as a trade weapon against U.S. tech companies trying to do business there, leaders of two business organizations have told a U.S. government commission focused on human rights in China.
Google is offering wireless network owners worldwide the possibility of opting out from its Wi-Fi geolocation mapping efforts, in the wake of a decision by the Dutch Data Protection Authority (DPA) that this process is in violation of legislation in ...
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has released the first draft of two standards intended to protect the privacy of Web users and allow them to opt out of Web tracking systems.
The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) doesn't think that the digital advertising industry can efficiently regulate itself and has issued a statement saying that the self-regulatory principles for multisite data recently published by the Digital Ad...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Essential Phone’s $200 price cut leaves original buyers with worthless credit
- Logitech announce new MX Sound speakers
- How integration supports the supply chain evolution
- Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- Telstra looks to solve 'Entertainment Exasperation' with new 4K Telstra TV
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- Moto X4 review
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCSenior ETL Developer/DesignerVIC
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- CCMessageQueue/DataPower AdministratorVIC
- FTPerformance Tester - Load RunnerACT
- FTDevOps Support EngineerOther
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTTableau DeveloperOther
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCCICD ArchitectVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Agile / DigitalOther
- TPFront End DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Software EngineerNSW
- FTSCCM Systems AdministratorOther
- FTSenior Software Engineer - DigitalVIC
- CCExperience / Service DesignerACT
- CCProject SchedulerWA
- FTApp Support Tech LeadQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPSenior ServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- CCJunior Website AdministratorACT
- FTCloud Engineer | AzureOther
- FTTechnical Engineer - NPIOther
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCService Delivery Coordinator - TelcoVIC