A prototype device due to be shown in Tokyo Wednesday may give laptop computers a better shot at performing heavy-duty video processing.
Intel plans to stop selling one of its high-end desktop chips this year, less than one year after it was released, the company confirmed Thursday.
Advanced Micro Devices on Wednesday announced it was consolidating the operations of disparate business units in the company.
Blade servers based on microprocessors designed in China will power a supercomputer prototype to be revealed by a government-backed Chinese firm in September, the company said Tuesday.
A year after buying low-power processor designer PA Semi, Apple is looking for yet more chip design expertise.
Advanced Micro Devices has pulled dual-core server processors from its product lineup, also cutting prices of some Opteron chips by close to 43 percent.
Japanese chip makers NEC Electronics and Renesas Technology have entered merger discussions, they said Monday.
Advanced Micro Devices is designing a server chip with up to 16 cores, quadrupling the count of its current quad-core server chips, the company said Wednesday.
AMD on Wednesday expanded its Opteron server processor lineup, lowering the bar on power drawn while raising the performance of chips.
Chip maker Advanced Micro Devices on Tuesday said it would ship new laptop and server processors later this quarter, which should up the ante in its competition with rival chip maker Intel.
Intel's revenue from its line of low-end Atom microprocessors fell more during the first quarter than other products, according to the chip maker's first-quarter results.
Intel's new Westmere microprocessors are being sampled by PC makers and will ship in volume later this year, the company's CEO said Tuesday.
Advanced Micro Devices on Tuesday said it would release "very low-power" Shanghai processors within three months, a move that could intensify its ongoing chip battle with rival Intel.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSMC) has ended unpaid leave for employees due to rising chip orders, the company said in a statement Friday.
PC microprocessor shipments slowed in the fourth quarter and will continue to decline this year, according to an IDC survey released on Wednesday.
"I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it."
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Nova 3e: P20 in a pinch
- 2 Sonos Beam review: A more-affordable, smarter soundbar option
- 3 ASUS Zenbook Pro 15: A futuristic, exciting, imperfect, flagship notebook
- 4 Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- 5 LG SK85 Super UHD TV + SK9Y soundbar review: A richly-realised, albeit conventional, alternative to OLED
Join the newsletter!
- Acer, Alienware, and HP have all announced desktops with GeForce RTX
- Nvidia's GeForce RTX 2080 and RTX 2080 Ti are loaded with boundary-pushing graphics tech
- Walmart has your back-to-school shopping covered with these killer Dell, Lenovo laptop deals
- Get a fresh slice of Android 9 Pie with this insane deal on the Essential Phone
- The Gardens Between adds Switch version ahead of September 20 launch
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Canon EOS 1500D: Full, in-depth review
- Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- Dell G5 review: Full, in-depth review
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?