A prototype device due to be shown in Tokyo Wednesday may give laptop computers a better shot at performing heavy-duty video processing.
Intel plans to stop selling one of its high-end desktop chips this year, less than one year after it was released, the company confirmed Thursday.
Advanced Micro Devices on Wednesday announced it was consolidating the operations of disparate business units in the company.
Blade servers based on microprocessors designed in China will power a supercomputer prototype to be revealed by a government-backed Chinese firm in September, the company said Tuesday.
A year after buying low-power processor designer PA Semi, Apple is looking for yet more chip design expertise.
Advanced Micro Devices has pulled dual-core server processors from its product lineup, also cutting prices of some Opteron chips by close to 43 percent.
Japanese chip makers NEC Electronics and Renesas Technology have entered merger discussions, they said Monday.
Advanced Micro Devices is designing a server chip with up to 16 cores, quadrupling the count of its current quad-core server chips, the company said Wednesday.
AMD on Wednesday expanded its Opteron server processor lineup, lowering the bar on power drawn while raising the performance of chips.
Chip maker Advanced Micro Devices on Tuesday said it would ship new laptop and server processors later this quarter, which should up the ante in its competition with rival chip maker Intel.
Intel's revenue from its line of low-end Atom microprocessors fell more during the first quarter than other products, according to the chip maker's first-quarter results.
Intel's new Westmere microprocessors are being sampled by PC makers and will ship in volume later this year, the company's CEO said Tuesday.
Advanced Micro Devices on Tuesday said it would release "very low-power" Shanghai processors within three months, a move that could intensify its ongoing chip battle with rival Intel.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSMC) has ended unpaid leave for employees due to rising chip orders, the company said in a statement Friday.
PC microprocessor shipments slowed in the fourth quarter and will continue to decline this year, according to an IDC survey released on Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 2 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 5 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Lenovo ThinkPad celebrates 25 years of cutting edge technology
- ESET works with Google to halt dangerous malware
- Netgear delivers industry first networking devices with remote management from anywhere in the world
- Amaysim launches new online offering for outright mobiles
- The Evil Within 2 review: A rare sequel that outdoes the original, though it could be so much more
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- Moto X4 review
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCTechnical Writer - Based in BrisbaneNSW
- CCMigration EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTLead Business AnalystVIC
- TPICT Infrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- CCMessageQueue/DataPower AdministratorACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- TPNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTPython DeveloperOther
- CCService Delivery Coordinator - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Banking and FinanceOther
- CCIdentity & Access Management ArchitectVIC
- CCSAP HR / Payroll AnalystVIC
- FTOffice 365 Technical SpecialistOther
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- TPIT Project Delivery CoordinatorQLD
- TPIT Security EngineerQLD
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- TPSystem TesterQLD
- FTInfrastructure Architect (EUC)Other
- FTSenior Systems Engineer/Veeam SpecialistOther
- CCClient-side Front End Developer (Angular 2)ACT
- CCProject Manager - Network Assurance - TelcoVIC