When the first true quantum computer is one day realised, it will be completely useless. For it to prove its worth as a potentially world-changing problem solver, it will need to run software.
It's still early days, but teleporting photons could lead to unbreakable security; tampering with photons creates obvious changes in code keys.
Data management specialist Quantum wants to make it easier for enterprises to combine two of the major trends in storage: virtualization and public clouds.
Scientists have finally done it! In what looks like an incredibly complicated setup scientists have not just figured out how to transport information using the quantum highway, but they have actually done it.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Anker's faster-charging 10,000mAh power bank is $27 right now
- How to take screenshots in Windows 10
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
- The Full Nerd episode 23: AMD Threadripper vs Intel Core i9, Radeon Vega is here(ish)
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
PCW Evaluation Team
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCIDAM ArchitectVIC
- TPTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTSolution ArchitectSA
- CCSenior Communications Advisor - Australian TelcoVIC
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC
- CCWCEM DeveloperACT
- CCSAP ISU Functional ConsultantVIC
- FTElectronic Payments POS Business Analyst - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCGIS DeveloperQLD
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMOVIC
- FTImplementation Engineer - NetApp DATA ONTAPWA
- FTCustomer Account Officers x3NSW
- FTL&D Manager, Transformation Program in Finance ServicesNSW
- FTSr Infrastructure Automation EngineerACT
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCICT Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerVIC
- TPAgile Projet AdministratorVIC
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Solution AnalystVIC
- FTPMO CoordinatorVIC
- CCProgram SupportVIC
- FTData Analyst / Reporting SpecialistNSW