A weakness in XML Encryption can be exploited to decrypt sensitive information, researchers say.
Red Hat announced Tuesday that it is acquiring Gluster, which makes open-source software that clusters commodity SATA drives and NAS systems into massively scalable pools of storage, in a cash deal valued at about $136 million. Gluster is also a cont...
Red Hat is acquiring privately owned storage vendor Gluster for approximately US$136 million in cash to boost its cloud offerings, it said on Tuesday.
The spectacle of Hewlett-Packard replacing CEO Leo Apotheker, who had been in the job just a year, with former eBay chief Meg Whitman this week all but obscured solid earnings reports from a range of enterprise software vendors including Oracle, Tibc...
Is Microsoft using a next-generation computing boot-loading technology to lock out the use of Linux and other OSEs on certain computers? While Microsoft has denied malicious intent, one Red Hat developer maintains that this may be the case.
It seems safe to say that a sizable proportion of Linux PC users in the world today installed the free and open source operating system on hardware that originally came loaded with Windows. After all, while there are preloaded systems available, it o...
Symantec this week introduced what it calls the Symantec Certificate Intelligence Center, a cloud-based service that works with an on-premises software component to keep track of SSL server certificates used by an organization.
To update an old IT saying about IBM and job security, few IT managers may get fired for choosing VMware to virtualize their infrastructure. VMware, after all, is the safe bet: The company currently enjoys 80 percent of the server-side virtualization...
As we rapidly approach yet another VMworld conference and the general release of VMware vSphere 5, it's clear that VMware hasn't been resting on its laurels. The newest version of vSphere builds on the strong foundations of vSphere 4.1, showcasing ne...
With the next release of its Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV) package, Red Hat has finally rid itself of one of its most notorious dependencies, namely the use of Microsoft's Windows Server and SQL Server.
When it comes to the fast-moving business of trading stocks, bonds and derivatives, the world's financial exchanges are finding an ally in Linux, at least according to one Linux kernel developer working in that industry.
Startup HotLink has exited stealth mode and launched SuperVISOR for VMware, designed to allow IT departments to mix and match hypervisors from different vendors and manage them all using VMware's vCenter platform, the company said on Tuesday.
Now that Java 7 SE (Standard Edition) has officially been released, Oracle and members of the JCP (Java Community Process) have started mulling over what features to include in the next version of the programming language, Java SE 8. On the agenda fo...
Bucking standard conventions in software versioning, Linux Torvalds has designated the new release of the Linux operating system kernel, posted Friday, as version 3.0, even while maintaining that the release is only a routine update.
Wasting little time since the last release of its flagship application server, Red Hat has launched the first community trial version for the next generation of JBoss, version 7.0, the company announced Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- The Steam Link is currently on sale for $15
- It's time to upgrade to TLS 1.3 already, says CDN engineer
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTest AnalystSA
- FTWeb DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Recruitment Specialist |Other
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTProject CoordinatorACT
- CCManual and Automation TesterQLD
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - PermanentWA
- FTCareer transition Specialist | Must be immediately availableOther
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTTelecom RiggerOther
- CCSolaris Migration SpecialistNSW
- FTSAP Environment LeadQLD
- FTSenior Contracts Administrator- Construction BackgroundOther
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTProject OfficerSA
- FTApplication Tester & Quality Assurance AnalystOther
- FTSoftware Engineer - Content Design NetworkOther
- CCSenior Infrastructure LeadQLD
- FTSAP TesterVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (Maximo)NSW
- CCTechnical Support - L2 with NV1 OR NV2 clearance (current / inactive).VIC
- FTProject Manager- Infrastructure & cloud computingOther
- FTIT Support EngineerNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorSA