Ubuntu Linux was a pleasant surprise.
Oracle, Red Hat, Tibco and Adobe this week showed that software sales, especially for products geared for the enterprise, continue to be strong even though economic worries have caused confidence in the tech sector to decline.
Anticipating greater use in large-scale cloud deployments, Red Hat has updated its real-time messaging platform with support for new networking and operating system capabilities, the company announced Wednesday.
The next edition of Java has been approved by a Java Community Process executive committee, but not without some acrimony.
Between the launch of a new Linux kernel update and the news that open source has achieved mainstream business use at last, it's been an exciting week in the world of open source software.
Several big IT vendors, including IBM, Hewlett-Packard, BMC Software, Intel and Red Hat, announced this week that they are banding together to promote an open-source virtualization platform -- Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) -- as an alternative t...
With Red Hat on the verge of becoming the first billion-dollar company focused exclusively on open source software, it has attracted quite a bit of attention -- from lawyers waving patents.
Microsoft and VMware are the enemies of interoperability, and only open source software can prevent cloud lock-in.
Red Hat will launch a preview of a new commercial enterprise Java data caching technology, based on its experimental Infinispan data grid software, the company announced Tuesday.
Linux users' proverbial cup is already overflowing this spring thanks to several recent coups for the open source operating system. Just last week, however, more good news arrived for users of the free software in the form of an announcement from Moz...
A jury in the Eastern District of Texas told Google that it owes Bedrock Computer Technologies $5 million in damages for using versions of Linux that infringe on Bedrock's patents.
Microsoft may still dominate the operating system market, but Linux and Apple's Mac OS platforms were the fastest-growing in 2010, according to new data from Gartner.
Microsoft's Windows accounted for 78.6 per cent of worldwide operating system revenue in 2010, up nearly a full percentage point, despite growth in Linux servers and Mac desktops, according to Gartner.
The Document Foundation on Friday <a href="http://blog.documentfoundation.org/2011/04/22/libreoffice-3-4-beta-2-available/">announced a second beta</a> for LibreOffice 3.4, the offshoot of the OpenOffice.org codebase, one week after Oracle said it wo...
The next version of Fedora will be the first major Linux distribution to use the radically updated GNOME as its default desktop interface.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- Radeon Vega Frontier Edition: Benchmarks and behind-the-scenes AMD interview
- Hands-on: AMD's Radeon Vega Frontier Edition vs Nvidia Titan Xp
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- It's time to upgrade to TLS 1.3 already, says CDN engineer
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSystems Engineer SCCMACT
- FTAgile Project ManagerOther
- FTSenior Node.js DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTService Delivery Manager - Telecommunications InfrastructureOther
- FTProject Manager-Rail/ Telecommunication /Electrical engineeringOther
- CCSystems Specialist - Linux / Windows / Network l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCTechnical Support - L2 with NV1 OR NV2 clearance (current / inactive).VIC
- FTService Delivery CoordinatorOther
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- FTIT Support officer- Service Desk AP3 & APS4ACT
- CCMultiple Front End Developers - BRISBANE | React.js | Angular.js | Node.js |VIC
- FTSenior Project AnalystOther
- CCMultiple Project Managers - Networks - TelcoVIC
- CCJava Developer with Guidewire ExperienceQLD
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareOther
- FTOrganizational Change ManagerACT
- FTSoftware Asset Management Co-ordinatorOther
- FTeCommerce Solution ArchitectOther
- FTRelocate to Perth for Software Engineering RolesSA
- FTWorkforce AnalystOther
- FTProject CoordinatorOther
- FT.NET Full Stack DeveloperOther