The U.S.'s recent denial of Intel chips for China's fastest supercomputer could derail an upgrade to double the machine's processing power.
A decision by a U.S. government agency prohibiting the transmission of 3D dental records into the U.S. could open the door to further content restrictions on the Internet, digital rights groups have said.
U.S. government agencies have stopped Intel from selling microprocessors for China's supercomputers, apparently reflecting concern about their use in nuclear tests.
The punishment AT&T received this week from the U.S. government for its sloppy protection of customer data is peanuts and won't scare other companies into taking stronger security measures, some cybersecurity experts said.
It's no secret that algorithms power much of the technology we interact with every day, whether it's to search for information on Google or to browse through a Facebook news feed. What's less widely known is that algorithms also play a role when we a...
Employees at three overseas call centers sold hundreds of thousands of AT&T customer records, including names and Social Security numbers, to criminals who attempted to use the customer information to unlock stolen mobile phones, the U.S. Federal Com...
After facing a DDoS attack, an activist group isn't backing down in its attempts to end China's Internet censorship.
The six-week-old YouTube Kids service is a "hyper-commercialized" environment that intermixes advertising and other programming in a way that deceives its target audience, a coalition of privacy and children's advocacy groups said in a complaint to t...
After two U.S. women were charged this week with conspiring to build bombs in support of terrorist groups, a U.S. senator wants two publications that include bomb-making instructions deleted from the Internet.
The Federal Aviation Administration has received over 2,000 comments on its proposed rules for commercial drone flights in the U.S.
A Chinese Internet administrator blasted Google on Thursday, after the U.S. search giant decided to stop recognizing digital certificates issued by the group following a security lapse.
Uber Technologies needs to operate within existing laws, the European Commission said on Wednesday giving an update about complaints filed by the U.S. taxi hailing company against EU governments.
The Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC) asked an appeals court on Tuesday to force the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to come up with privacy rules concerning drones.
Opponents of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's new net neutrality rules aren't giving up, with a conservative advocacy group saying it has collected more than 540,000 signatures on a petition asking Congress to overturn the agency's action...
The European Commission last week announced it plans to eliminate geoblocking in order to let everyone in the European Union tune in to the same movies at the same time and allow more cross-border shopping. One of the EU's digital Commissioners, thou...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- Qantas booking systems go down after software fail
- Cadbury factory in Hobart hit as ransomware attacks Aussie businesses
- 10 supremely useful Microsoft OneNote add-ins and tools
- Hands-on: How the Asus ROG GX501 Zephyrus performs with Nvidia's Max-Q technology
- EU fines Google €2.42 billion, orders changes in search results
PCW Evaluation Team
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSystems Specialist - Linux / Windows / Network l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCWintel Infrastructure EngineersACT
- CCJunior Change AnalystNSW
- FTEmail Marketing Specialist/ Campaign SpecialistOther
- FTOracle Identity Management Solution ArchitectOther
- FTAndroid Developer - PermanentWA
- TPETL DeveloperNSW
- TPPMO ManagerQLD
- FTDigital Designer Jnr / MidOther
- FTSAP ETL DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorSA
- FTSAP Release ManagerQLD
- FTLAMP Stack Developer/ PHP DeveloperOther
- TPData Migration ManagerNSW
- FTWintel EngineerSA
- FTLevel 3- Production Support Team LeaderACT
- TPProduct OwnerVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTSenior Network Engineer - SMEOther
- FTWintel Infrastructure EngineerACT
- FTTeam Leader Solution DeliveryQLD
- FTSystems Engineer SCCMACT