Samsung Electronics said sales and profits soared in the second quarter from a year ago, but increasing competition in smartphones hurt performance in its core mobile division.
San Francisco's district attorney says he's optimistic that Apple and Samsung are making progress on a system that would render stolen smartphones unusable, but the same isn't true of Microsoft and Google.
Samsung has today announced the impending launch of its Galaxy Tab 3 range of Android tablets in 10.1in, 8in and 7in models, claiming the array of size options will not confuse consumers but instead offer them choice.
Foxtel's Go app is finally available on selected Samsung mobile and tablet devices, but does not currently support the flagship Galaxy S4 smartphone.
Google quickly addressed a mega flaw in its Android mobile operating system after security researchers brought it to the company's attention earlier this month, but those fixes appear to be slow in reaching handset owners.
A court's decision not to prevent multiple Samsung handsets from being sold in the U.S. despite their being found to infringe Apple patents will go before an appeal's court in early August.
Samsung has reportedly shipped 20 million Galaxy S4 smartphones globally, a little over two months after the device officially went on sale.
A vulnerability that has existed in Android for the past four years can allow hackers to modify any legitimate and digitally signed application in order to transform it into a Trojan program that can be used to steal data or take control of the OS.
Google hasn't officially released it yet, but the company's 4.3 version of the Android mobile operating system looks like it will soon coming to the Samsung Galaxy S4.
South Korean operator SK Telecom said it launched an LTE-Advanced network on Wednesday, offering speeds of up to 150Mbps on an upgraded version of Samsung's Galaxy S4 handset.
Monday, the Internet buzzed and rumbled with news that Samsung planned to drop out of the desktop PC market. Tuesday, Samsung poured cold water on the report.
Huawei's CEO has claimed that the Samsung Galaxy S4 is a "so-so" smartphone, and has also criticised Google's Android operating system for being "too complicated."
We already knew Samsung's trio of new Galaxy Tabs looked uninspiring on paper. Now they have unremarkable price tags to match.
At the Samsung Premiere event in London yesterday, the company showed off nine new products that will be hitting Australia around the August-September period. The new products included three new Galaxy S4 smartphones (the Active, Mini and Zoom), one ...
Samsung has confirmed that its new Galaxy S4 Zoom, an Android smartphone with a 16-megapixel camera, optical zoom, and a xenon flash, will be released in Australia "later this year".
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- It's time to upgrade to TLS 1.3 already, says CDN engineer
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Steam's Summer Sale kicks off with a $15 Steam Link, game discounts galore, and digital stickers
- Hands-on: Surviving Mars captures the excitement and dread of launching a colony mission
- Dell XPS 15 (2017) review: Kaby Lake and a 4K display make a difference
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPActive Directory AdministratorACT
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- FTProject Coordinator - Travel IndustryQLD
- FTAS400 EngineerOther
- FTLAMP Stack Developer/ PHP DeveloperOther
- FTMobile App DeveloperOther
- FTHFC Network Modeller | 6mth ContractOther
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCMACT
- FTSenior Siebel Developer - Canberra/MelbourneACT
- CCSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTTest AnalystOther
- FTL1 Service Desk SupportWA
- CCSenior/Lead Network Security Engineer - Financial Services - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTBI Tech LeadOther
- FTSAP ETL DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTIntegration & BI Manager - C-levelNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- FTEnterprise Liferay DeveloperOther
- FTSAP HANA Data Modelling ConsultantsACT
- FTSales AssociateACT