Three ostensibly safe Note7 phones have gone up in flames, begging the question, Is it time to ditch the Note7 entirely and wait for Note8?
A U.S. appeals court has reinstated a US$119.6 million award for Apple in a long-running smartphone design patent dispute with rival Samsung.
The company's investigating whether the unit that caused the evacuation of a Southwest jet was indeed a replacement.
Samsung Electronics has agreed to buy Viv Labs, an artificial intelligence startup created the team behind Siri.
Replacement Galaxy Note7 smartphones are safe, Samsung said in attempting to reassure customers this week after reports that consumers in South Korea, China and the U.S. said the replacement devices were running too hot.
Samsung says the replacement phones, part of 1 million shipped now in use, are safe and not prone to catching fire.
There's some debate about whether the number can indeed be that high, and what happened to the other 10% of Note7 users -- if they've already gone to another device or just opted not to do anything at all.
Samsung's new 960 Pro and 960 Evo M.2 SSDs pack capacity and speed into tiny packages.
Sleepless nights, fickle decision making, and other intangibles may have sown the seeds for an unprecedented consumer crisis.
A top Samsung official issued an unusual video apology over Galaxy Note7 battery-related defects linked to fires and assured owners that replacement Note7 units are safe.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission late Thursday issued an official recall for 1 million Samsung Galaxy Note 7 smartphones.
Smartwatches in general are waning as a must-have, which is giving companies pause about again refreshing their lineup before the holiday season.
The stopgap measure is coming first to South Korea in an attempt to douse the flames of the ongoing exploding phones scandal.
Chromebooks' five-year end-of-life policy—if it holds up—could put a lot of perfectly good laptops out of commission.
Canada has recalled over 21,900 Galaxy Note7 smartphones after receiving a report of the overheating of the battery of one phone.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How Thunderbolt 3 won the port wars
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 360: Great for the Galaxy S8, not so much for the iPhone
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSoftware Development ManagerACT
- FTPeopleSoft Technical Campus Solution DeveloperNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior .NET DevelopersSA
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageVIC
- CCCCNP Network EngineerVIC
- FTXamarin DeveloperVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTProcurement OfficerACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Regulatory Reforms, FinanceNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTSenior Business Development Manager| SMSF/Accounting SoftwareNSW
- FTDemand Release ManagerNSW
- FTApplications Project ManagerQLD
- FTPrincipal Project ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Activations Performance Analyst | $700pdVIC
- PTThe job "Project Manager" is now ExpiredNSW
- FTSenior System AdministratorNSW
- TPSenior Integration OfficerQLD