Yahoo has started beta testing a search feature that displays answers to queries and links to websites on the fly as people type their queries.
Google must pay a fine of €100,000 ($US142,000) for the unauthorized collection of information about the location of Wi-Fi hotspots in France by its Street View cars, France's National Commission on Computing and Liberty (CNIL) has ordered.
An online library operated by Chinese search engine giant Baidu is drawing criticism that its becoming the next online hotbed for pirated works.
The Google Mobile App for iPhone is no more. In its place is Google Search, a revamped iPhone app that puts a bigger emphasis on--you guessed it--searching the Web.
If you're following the rumor mill about whether Google is going to release a social network of its own, your head may be spinning.
Microsoft's Bing search engine is on the rise, while Google's still-dominant market share has dropped to about two-thirds of all U.S. searches, according to new data from Experian Hitwise.
A U.S. Senate subcommittee focused on antitrust and consumer-protection issues will investigate competition in the search-engine and broadband markets over the next two years, the subcommittee chairman announced.
Ever wish you could keep certain sites from showing up in your Google search results? Thanks to a new feature being rolled out right now, you can.
Google is adding a feature to its search engine that lets users block out all links from specific domains in their query results.
Facebook, as widely popular as it is as a social networking site, is looking to break out of its niche. In doing so, it would like to take a defensive swing at Google.
Once viewed as tools for posting trivial content on the Web, social networking and social media sites have evolved as bona fide sources of information publishing and sharing, forcing search engine providers to increasingly factor them into their serv...
Microsoft is responding to the online coupon frenzy by adding results about special deals to its Bing search engine, both on its desktop and mobile versions.
Google Street View is going off road.
Two of China's biggest websites, the search engine Baidu and online retailer Taobao, were named as "notorious markets" in a new U.S. government report for allegedly supporting pirated and counterfeit goods.
About 150,000 of Google's Gmail users woke up Sunday morning to missing e-mails, contacts and chat histories.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystWA
- FTChange LeadQLD
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCAS400 / iSeries EngineerNSW
- CCCloud Engineer - Multiple roles - AWS/AzureVIC
- CCSalesforce Marketing CloudNSW
- FTCustomer Account Officers x3NSW
- CCSAP ISU Functional ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTInformation Management Business Capability AnalystACT
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTSenior SharePoint Administrator. Location -ACTACT
- FTTest Analyst (Datawarehouse)SA
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsVIC
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerNSW
- FTScrum Master/Project ManagerQLD
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTDealing Room Support Analyst - IPC voiceNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Higher EducationVIC
- CCProject Manager Information ManagementQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTlevel 2/3 SupportVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW