Sears Holding Corp. said Friday the payment systems at its Kmart retail chain had been breached as a result of malware, compromising shoppers' credit and debit card numbers.
Sears Holdings said a review of its systems does not show evidence yet of a data breach as retailers continue to stay on guard in the light of payment card terminal hacking at Target and Neiman Marcus.
MacroSolve, an Oklahoma company focused on enforcing its patents, has added Sears to a growing list of companies it has targeted with patent infringement lawsuits, it said Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSenior IT Project ManagerSA
- CCData Migration AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- TPUAT CoordinatorQLD
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMONSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTPHP DeveloperWA
- FTDeployment Engineer / Field Service EngineerQLD
- CCApplications Support/ DevOps EngineerQLD
- FTIT Field Services ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 1 Support OfficerQLD
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsNSW
- TPSenior Java Developer - Contract till June 2018QLD
- CCSalesforce Marketing CloudNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Regulatory Reforms, FinanceNSW
- FTLevel 2 Desktop SupportACT
- FTPeopleSoft Campus Solution ConsultantNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCJava / J2EE DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior DBANSW
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- FTApplication Support EngineerACT