European privacy authorities have threatened action before the Summer to curb Google's collection, combination and storage of its users' personal information, after growing impatient with the company's failure to respond to their criticisms of its re...
13 myths about information-technology security you’ll hear but should you believe?
Adobe Systems said it will release patches for two critical vulnerabilities disclosed last week that are actively being used by attackers.
Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs) could be more of a mainstream security problem than previously thought after a survey of high-level security professionals found that an alarming one in five worked for a firm that had experienced such an attack.
Facebook said Friday it had been the target of a sophisticated hacking attack but that it had no evidence any user data had been compromised.
A hack for iOS 6.1 has been published online showing how user caneasily bypass an iPhone 5's pin code.
Facebook can stick with its real name policy in Germany, and doesn't have to allow nicknames on its platform for now. The regulator that ordered Facebook to change it policy based its orders on inapplicable German law, a German court ruled.
As jumbled news reports of what appeared to be a meteor shower over Russia trickled out of the country, some of the best views of what happened were from the dashboards of Russian cars.
There's a way to gain access to a lot of private data on an iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1, even when that phone is locked with a passcode. Reports about the exploit began circulating early Thursday, though the YouTube video with the method was actually po...
Several Certificate Authorities (CAs) have formed an advocacy group called the Certificate Authority Security Council (CASC), which will focus on promoting new security standards, policies and best practices for SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) deployment ...
Privacy and digital rights groups are overstating the privacy concerns in a controversial cyberthreat information bill introduced this week in the U.S. Congress, the bill's sponsors and leaders of some business groups said.
For all the sophistication and power of the modern cell phone or tablet, people think of them more or less like pens: You can use the generic ballpoints they have at the office, or you can bring the one you like from home. That's a consequence of hig...
Businesses that want to make use of consumer-grade smartphones and tablets as a point-of-sale device to process payment cards are being advised to only do so when appropriate encryption controls and other security measures are in place.
A recently found exploit that bypasses the sandbox anti-exploitation protection in Adobe Reader 10 and 11 is highly sophisticated and is probably part of an important cyberespionage operation, the head of the malware analysis team at antivirus vendor...
Europe's top cyber security agency warned on Thursday that the growth in cloud computing is a “double-edged sword”.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The AI fight is escalating: This is the IT giants' next move
- MSI Wins Computex Best Choice Award 2017 for a Record-Breaking 5 Products
- How to take screenshots in Windows 10
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
- The Full Nerd episode 23: AMD Threadripper vs Intel Core i9, Radeon Vega is here(ish)
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerNSW
- FTPHP / WordPress DeveloperQLD
- FTApplication AnalystSA
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksNSW
- FTSenior Test AnalystWA
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorVIC
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMOVIC
- FTSenior Solution Designer, Investment and Trading PlatformNSW
- TPDigital Process Business Analyst - Digital Transformation**NSW
- FTIntegration & Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- CCIdentity Access Management - Business AnalystVIC
- FTEnterprise ArchitectVIC
- TPPrimary Support Officer (Level 1)VIC
- FTBI Developers - 4 positionsQLD
- FTIT Support EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTPMO Quality OfficerNSW
- TPLevel 2/3 Technical Service AnalystOther
- FTDisaster Recovery AnalystNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTSupport Analyst - TallymanVIC