Sierra Wireless has acquired Swedish company Wireless Maingate to build a more complete machine-to-machine communications platform and better connect cars, industrial devices, smart meters and other sensors.
The dream of an Internet of things could turn into a nightmare for mobile operators, if sloppily written apps or chatty smartmeters were to overload their networks with signaling traffic. To avert such a scenario, a number of operators are backing a ...
Sierra Wireless has debuted the Linux-based Legato platform, which aims to simplify and accelerate the development of machine-to-machine (M2M) applications.
For enterprises that are thinking about switching from fixed to wireless Internet access, Sierra Wireless has launched the AirLink ES440 LTE gateway.
Canadian wireless modem maker Sierra Wireless has filed complaints with the European Commission (EC) and the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) claiming that Nokia is behaving unfairly in patent licensing.
Sierra Wireless has launched the AirLink LS300 gateway, which can be used to connect things as varied as trucks or soda machines to a wireless network.
Sierra Wireless will unload its AirCard mobile add-on business to Netgear for about US$138 million in cash and become a pure-play M2M vendor.
WiLan, a Canadian patent licensing firm, has filed a round of new patent infringement lawsuits against Research in Motion, Apple, HTC and Sierra Wireless.
Canadian patent licensing company WiLan has set its sight on a handful of technology companies, filing a patent infringement suit against Apple, Hewlett-Packard, HTC, Dell, Novatel, Sierra Wireless and others.
Almost everyone has a mobile phone (or two) in developed markets, but operators are still signing up more subscribers -- 6 million in five quarters, in AT&T's case. Those new customers are the machines around us, hooked up to the Internet to repo...
Sierra Wireless on Monday announced the AirPrime MC8801, a module that will allow makers of laptops, netbooks and tablets to integrate mobile broadband using HSPA+ (High-Speed Packet Access) at download speeds up to 42M bps (bits per second) into the...
Smartphones and modems are about to get faster mobile broadband connections -- 14.4M bps (bits per second) and 42M bps, repectively -- using HSPA+ (High Speed Packet Access).
Telstra has launched what it claims is the world’s fastest mobile broadband service, with peak download speeds of 21Mbps and with the intention of increasing it to 42Mbps later this year.
Sierra Wireless, a maker of networking cards for PCs and other devices, has agreed to acquire French M2M (machine-to-machine) wireless vendor Wavecom for Euro 218 million (AUD$430 million).
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Join the newsletter!
- Radeon RX Vega won't get 3-way or 4-way multi-GPU support in games
- Easy Fixes for Six Common Laptop Problems
- Intel kills its standalone Project Alloy VR headset, as PC-powered VR wins out
- AMD Radeon phases out the CrossFire brand as multi-GPU gets more complicated
- Radeon RX Vega graphics cards get 2-way multi-GPU support in Radeon Software 17.9.2
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCScrum Master / Project ManagerNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperACT
- FT.Net Developer - Multiple positions availableSA
- FTJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End Developer (Brisbane location)VIC
- CCUX Developer / DesignerQLD
- FTIT Asset Management AnalystOther
- CCTraining Co-OrdinatorNSW
- FTProject Manager - ApplicationsOther
- CCDatabase Administrator - Government OrganisationVIC
- CCInformation Security Consultant - BrisbaneACT
- FTDigital Project Manager - Mobile App, Website BuildOther
- FTEnd User Support OfficerSA
- FTTechnical Digital Producer | 6 Month ContractOther
- FTGraduate Inside Sales Consultant - SMSF SolutionsOther
- FTIT Security Technical Business AnalystOther
- TPPMO Manager - Responsible LendingNSW
- FTCyber Security Consultant - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTMid Level UX DesignerOther
- FTIT Security SpecialistACT
- CCSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC
- FTService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceOther
- FTSenior Test AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Solution ArchitectNSW