Google’s new digital assistant – called Google Assistant – has upped the level of A.I. available to regular phone users thanks to the new Google Pixel phone and the Allo chat app. It assistant offers more than just voice recognition – it understands the context of what you’re saying. We suspect that the developers have also had some fun baking in some tongue-in-cheek responses.
Siri in pictures
From using Siri to muting notifications to saving battery life, here are some of the most useful Apple Watch tips and tricks you should learn.
Mobile payments, smarter Siri, better maps and more
The iPhone 4S hit Australian stores today and one of the most hotly anticipated features is Siri voice control: described by Apple as a voice assistant that lets you talk to perform tasks by talking to your iPhone. How well does it handle our Aussie accent?
Tile has announced the release of its Siri Shortcuts integration.
HomePod review roundup: 'Room filling,' 'best-in-class' sound, but Siri is 'embarrassingly inadequate'
The first HomePod reviews are in, and while it excels as a speaker, its smarts leave much to be desired.
Apple has announced Apple Watch Series 3, and it brings a whole lot more than a cellular connection. Here's why you'll want one.
Siri can be your enforcer the next time someone owes you money.
Japanese engineers might play a vital role in Apple's continued improvements to the artificial intelligence powering Siri.
Contextual intelligence to help you with your life
Still confused about what exactly a voice assistant is? Here’s everything you need to know about voice assistants.
Google’s new digital assistant – called Google Assistant – has upped the level of A.I. available to regular phone users thanks to the new Google Pixel phone and the Allo chat app. It assistant offers more than just voice recognition – it understands ...
With Apple pushing ahead to expand Siri, industry analysts say the increasing A.I.-focused competition among industry giants Google, Microsoft, Amazon and Apple should propel smart technologies to a whole new level in a few years.
Apple is expected to take the wraps off the next version of iOS, tvOS, watchOS, and OS X at WWDC. We spoke to some app developers to find out what's on their wish lists.
“Hey Siri, give us a hint”
Gaming laptops are traditionally full of compromises.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel 3a review: Less is more
- 2 Huawei P30 Pro review: A photography powerhouse that leans into and elevates its natural strengths
- 3 Samsung Galaxy S10 review: Messy decisions mar smart evolutions
- 4 Dell G7 review: Growing pains
- 5 Nokia 8.1 review: The more things change, the more they stay the same
Join the newsletter!
- The BlackBerry Key2 has finally landed in Australia
- Nokia True Wireless Earbuds review: Inessential but impressive
- Nvidia says something "super" is coming...
- The Playdate gaming handheld is a Game Boy-Model T mashup by Firewatch's publisher
- Amazon's rumored wearable device reads your emotions by listening to your voice
PCW Evaluation Team
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
I’d recommend a Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 and the new Windows 10 to anyone who needs to get serious work done (before you kick back on your couch with your favourite Netflix show.)
It’s useful for office tasks as well as pragmatic labelling of equipment and storage – just don’t get too excited and label everything in sight!
- Huawei P30 Pro: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic Lumix S1 review
- Google Pixel 3a review: Less is more
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?