Skype's making it easier to use Skype Translator for real-time multi-language conversations by enabling calls to landlines and mobile phones.
Microsoft has teamed up with Blizzard for the Skype Hearthstone Academy, bringing back the concept of a digital chat room for fans.
Windows 10 Insiders on build 14926 on both a PC and a Windows 10 Mobile device can now send and receive texts from a single app.
Microsoft's patent cross-licensing juggernaut continues with a new agreement with Lenovo.
Microsoft had a working feature that let you see and respond to text messages on your PC inside the Messaging app. Now it's killed that feature to bring it to Skype.
Microsoft-LinkedIn deal: ‘Don’t let exciting possibilities blind you to privacy and security concerns’
Forrester analysts discuss implications of the US$26.2 billion acquisition.
Microsoft Edge now supports Skype calls and video chats without plugins, but conditions apply.
Microsoft’s Skype bots promise to arrange appointments, order food, and book hotels, and more.
Skype announced a new set of animated "Mojis" Wednesday aimed at letting users express their love, with some help from Paul McCartney.
Companies are wary about what employees are doing on their smartphones. Be it data loss or time-wasting, a growing number of employers are actively stopping staff from using certain apps on company-controlled devices.
When the robot apocalypse arrives, don't be surprised if the machines crack jokes about our undoing.
The Skype Translator beta app now can help people say "guten tag" to their friends in Germany, thanks to an update it received on Thursday.
Skype will have to appear in a Belgian criminal court after ignoring a judge's order to give law enforcement officials access to data from calls between suspected criminals.
Microsoft plans to appeal a EU court ruling that found its Skype brand is too similar to that of British satellite broadcaster Sky, which holds a European trademark on audiovisual goods, telephony and software-related services categories.
Skype used two Luxembourg companies and an Irish subsidiary to avoid paying corporate income tax during a five year period, according to documents detailing deals with Luxembourg tax authorities.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- FSP's wild new power supply is liquid-cooled and built for silence
- The AI fight is escalating: This is the IT giants' next move
- MSI Wins Computex Best Choice Award 2017 for a Record-Breaking 5 Products
- How to take screenshots in Windows 10
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTIT Data ArchitectACT
- CCSQL Analyst DeveloperNSW
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectVIC
- CCBlue Prism DeveloperVIC
- FTService Desk Analyst Level 1 SupportQLD
- TPSoftware Engineer / DeveloperQLD
- FTSecurity AnalystQLD
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC
- TPAgile Projet AdministratorVIC
- FTLearning & Development Consultant, Wealth ManagementNSW
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- FTUX ResearcherVIC
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence Analyst - Microsoft BI Stack - NewcastleNSW
- FTSecurity Engineer (Cisco ASA) - Professional Services - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsVIC
- CCAppian Developer x 2VIC
- FTNetwork EngineerQLD
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- FTProject Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT