Skype's Web-based management tool Manager for businesses is now available in over 170 countries and for all subscriptions, allowing companies to centrally control their usage of the service.
Microsoft is rolling out a preview version of Skype for Outlook.com, allowing users to make calls and send instant messages from within the webmail service using a browser plugin.
A host of celebrity tech executives, including the founders of Twitter, Pinterest, Evernote and Android, converged in Tokyo this week, invited as part of an ambitious effort to modernize Japan's economy through entrepreneurship.
The French Telecommunications and Posts Regulator, ARCEP, has referred Skype to the Paris public prosecutor, asking it to investigate whether Skype has failed to comply with an obligation to register as a telecommunications operator. Registered opera...
Tech enthusiasts at South by Southwest Interactive exploring the exhibit hall's gizmos and apps on Sunday were greeted a little differently at one booth -- the figure approaching them was not a person but a television-sized monitor mounted to a sleek...
SharePoint 2013 arrives with a new user interface and new collaboration, search, storage and task management features. But gaps remain in areas like social and mobile, and upgrading and governing SharePoint is still rife with challenges.
Microsoft has confirmed it will replace Windows Live Messenger, aka MSN Messenger, with Skype on 8 April.
Skype soft-launched a video messaging service on Friday that allows its subscribers to deliver recorded clips to Skype contacts for playback when they come online.
Skype owner Microsoft should release information about how much user data it gives to third parties, including government agencies, several organisations and individuals said in a letter to company officials.
Microsoft has announced it will retire its instant messaging service on March 15 and asked users to switch to Skype.
Skype hasn't officially confirmed rumors of a video messaging service that's supposed to be coming to its platform, but an update to its terms of service on Wednesday did the job.
Although Google and Microsoft don't exactly get along, that hasn't stopped Skype from updating its Android app with tablet support and improved audio quality.
Hundreds of early users of two Windows Phone 8 smartphones have complained of recurring and random reboots on Nokia's Lumia 920 and the HTC 8X smartphones.
Skype has disabled the account password reset option on its website following reports that the feature can be abused to hijack Skype accounts if the attackers know the email addresses associated with them.
Microsoft has made a preview version of Skype for Windows Phone 8 available for download, which promises better integration with the operating system' user interface and more features.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
- Tannenberg expands Verdun's World War I horrors to the Eastern front
- Logitech's excellent C920 webcam is just $50 today
- Audio-Technica ATH-AG1X review: A good gaming headset with one killer flaw
- Sennheiser GSP 350 review: A gaming headset that sounds a lot better than it looks
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCGIS Consultant/ Developer - BRISBANENSW
- FTWeb Developer - Full Stack - VR 3D WebGLNSW
- FTUnix EngineerACT
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager - Grant managementNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- TPProject Manager - SOE / Office 365VIC
- CCSenior Systems EngineerQLD
- FTSecurity ConsultantVIC
- CCProgram SupportVIC
- FTSenior Unix/Linux EngineerNSW
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- FTData ScientistACT
- TPSenior Sitecore Developer (.NET)QLD
- CCSplunk Software DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Data EngineerNSW
- CCSSIS / SSRS DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager - Salesforce ImplementationVIC
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTDashboard Developer | up to $92 p/hrVIC
- TPProgram Governance Lead (PMO)VIC
- TPSupport AnalystVIC