With last week's launch of Apple's latest iPhone, the iPhone 3GS, the rumor mills are running in low gear on what the secretive computer-maker might be planning for its next cell phone.
On paper, the Nokia looks as if it could rival the other big phones of this summer, the Palm Pre, the Apple iPhone 3G S, and HTC's Android-based Magic. It has more memory than the other three, supports a wide range of multimedia files, and has a larg...
It has been a crazy night trying to download the latest iPhone update, with many reporting that they are unable to access Apple's servers due to unusually high traffic. But Apple's servers are now up to scratch and everybody should have the 3.0 softw...
The scoop: Palm Pre, by Palm.
Does the world need another smartphone operating system? Apple's iPhone OS is still booming; Google's Android is increasingly promising; and three longtime contenders--Microsoft's Windows Mobile, RIM's BlackBerry OS, and Symbian's S60--are undergoing...
Two new business-oriented smart phones are about to the hit store shelves: The latest in Nokia's line of business phones, the E72, and the long-rumoured BlackBerry Tour 9630.
In the tech world at least, it seems 2009 is the year of the smartphone. Apple's recent announcement of the iPhone 3G S has kicked off what will be a very juicy line-up in the coming months.
Apple's iPhone 3G S was announced earlier this week and the consumer reaction to the latest version has been mixed.
Ed Colligan is a nice guy and visionary marketer who, nevertheless, deserves blame for most of Palm's problems, including the failed launch of the Palm Pre last weekend. At least by sacrificing Colligan so quickly, that must be what "the new Palm" ho...
I have a confession to make: About two years ago I made a big mistake and bought a phone designed for mere mortals when what I really wanted was an Apple iPhone. Don't get me wrong -- my Sony Ericsson W580i has served me well -- but I'm ready to move...
The Palm Pre and the Apple iPhone 3G S are the smartphone standouts of 2009, but they're not the only news. Operating systems are receiving updates, new devices are debuting, and app stores are growing by the day. Here's what to look for from the six...
The guessing game is over: Apple's iPhone 3G S has arrived.
In comparing the RIM BlackBerry Bold to the Apple iPhone 3G, after a month-long test of each, I declared that it was time to bury the Blackberry, as it was mediocre in its signature mail functions and pathetic in next-gen mobile capabilities such as ...
The guessing game is over: Apple's iPhone 3G S has arrived. Don't let appearances fool you. On the outside nothing looks much different with the 3G S. The real difference is what's inside. So how will Apple's iPhone 3G s compare to the Palm Pre?
AT&T has been keeping quiet on its plans to adopt the Google Android platform so far. But with rumors that Verizon might steal its iPhone exclusivity and several high-end handset manufacturers already set to deliver Android phones, the wireless carri...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How Thunderbolt 3 won the port wars
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 360: Great for the Galaxy S8, not so much for the iPhone
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSoftware Development ManagerACT
- FTPeopleSoft Technical Campus Solution DeveloperNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior .NET DevelopersSA
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageVIC
- CCCCNP Network EngineerVIC
- FTXamarin DeveloperVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTProcurement OfficerACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Regulatory Reforms, FinanceNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTSenior Business Development Manager| SMSF/Accounting SoftwareNSW
- FTDemand Release ManagerNSW
- FTApplications Project ManagerQLD
- FTPrincipal Project ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Activations Performance Analyst | $700pdVIC
- PTThe job "Project Manager" is now ExpiredNSW
- FTSenior System AdministratorNSW
- TPSenior Integration OfficerQLD