Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group has launched its own mobile operating system for handsets and tablets in its home country, with the aim of promoting its online products in its home country as both Android and Apple's iOS devices grow in popula...
The first smartphone based on the new "Mango" edition of Microsoft's Windows Phone platform was unveiled on Wednesday in Tokyo.
Mozilla, the makers of the Firefox browser, hopes to revolutionize the modern operating system with Boot to Gecko, a universal-platform OS primary aimed at mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets that could theoretically drive futuristic deskt...
Thanks to Apple's App Store, Google's Android Market and a number of smaller online stores, the explosive growth of mobile application downloads continues.
InterDigital on Tuesday said it has filed complaints with the U.S. International Trade Commission and federal court against Nokia, Huawei and ZTE, charging the companies with patent infringement.
Like cleaning the windows, IT security can be a thankless task because they only notice when you don't do it. But to get the job done in the era of virtualization, smartphones and cloud computing, you've got to avoid technical and political mistakes....
Do we really need another 3D smartphone? HTC seems to think so, following its announcement that the HTC EVO 3D smartphone will be available in Australia through Telstra and Vodafone in September.
As hard as it may be to believe, it was just over two years ago that Research in Motion was still considered one of the premiere innovators of the smartphone industry.
Mozilla has launched a new project to build an operating system for mobile devices that will run applications primarily on the Web.
Research in Motion, which has been losing ground to Apple, Google and even Microsoft in the mobile market, announced Monday it is cutting 2,000 jobs, or about 11 per cent of its workforce.
iOS 5's on-device delta updates can't come soon enough. Just a week and a half after releasing iOS 4.3.4, Apple has dropped iOS 4.3.5.
Despite Android's strong overall growth, enterprises appear to continue to be wary of the mobile operating system, according to data released by Good Technology.
Research in Motion will lay off 2,000 staff, or a little more than 10 percent of its workforce, and make changes to its senior management team, it announced Monday. Chief Operating Officer for Blackberry, Don Morrison, will retire, but Co-CEOs Jim Ba...
Motorola may start looking at ways to make more money from its patent portfolio, if investor Carl Icahn has his way.
Every week at PC World, we are aiming to bring you a smartphone or tablet app of the week, based on the lovely recommendations by our senior editorial staff.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell’s Inspiron 27 7000 is the first Ryzen All-in-One PC, and it's upgradable too
- Intel's massive 18-core Core i9 chip starts a bloody battle for enthusiast PCs
- In Win's Winbot is a robotic interactive PC case
- Nvidia's Max-Q finally gives you GeForce GTX 1080 graphics in a thin-and-light laptop
- Launceston becomes Australia’s first gigabit city
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTIT Data ArchitectACT
- CCIdentity Access Management - Business AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTTest CoordinatorACT
- FTSupport Engineer Level 3QLD
- FTSenior Marketing Manager | Global Technology CompanyNSW
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- FTProject Support OfficerQLD
- FTJunior - Mid Level Technical Customer SupportQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - SalesforceVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Software EngineerACT
- FTIT Command Centre Support EngineerVIC
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- FTData Analyst / Reporting SpecialistNSW
- FTSecurity Dev Ops and Java DeveloperVIC
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerSA
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- FTSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- FTAccount Manager - Technology SolutionsNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTNetwork Solution Architect -Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW