Research In Motion, manufacturer of the popular BlackBerry smartphone, has launched a BlackBerry Protect app that allows individual BlackBerry users to wirelessly backup, restore and locate their smartphone.
Microsoft on Tuesday <a href="http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_phone/b/windowsphone/archive/2011/04/19/updates-begin-for-at-amp-t-windows-phones.aspx">started rolling out software updates</a> to users of the Samsung Focus and LG Quantum, following ...
Smartphones and tablets will be the first devices to use ARM's upcoming Cortex-A15 processor, and will be available starting late 2012 or early 2013, an ARM executive said this week.
As smartphones have grown more powerful and complex, so have the threats against them.
Cisco's recent announcement that it was closing its Flip mini-camcorder business got us thinking. It's pretty clear that today's smartphones, with their excellent HD video cameras, are partly to blame for the Flip's demise. But how many other consume...
The tiny Zomm smartphone security 'leash' has finally been launched in the UK with the company earnestly promoting it as the best way to never leave an expensive device behind.
By reducing its NAND flash chip size by as much as 40 per cent, Intel and Micron have opened the door for tablets and smartphone manufacturers to use the extra space for product improvements such as a bigger battery, larger screen or adding another c...
Microsoft's latest explanation of its Windows Phone 7 update fiasco gets an A for effort, but a B+ for its timing, a crisis communications expert said today.
Apple Thursday issued its iOS 4.3.2 mobile operating system release, an update designed to make FaceTime video calls and 3G wireless connectivity work better.
With their larger screens, long-lasting batteries, and powerful CPUs, tablets seem well suited for the kinds of rich multimedia applications that confound ordinary smartphones. But Apple famously won't allow Adobe Flash on its iOS mobile devices, inc...
Microsoft did not realize how different smartphones are from PCs until recent software updates broke new Windows Phone 7 devices that were already in the hands of cell phone users, Windows Phone Vice President Joe Belfiore explained Wednesday in a ke...
New reports have surfaced that Apple will start shipping the white iPhone 4 within a few weeks, finally bringing the seemingly endless wait to an end. Not that anyone is quite going to believe this until the precious smartphones are in their hands.
The semiconductor industry will see its total revenues hit record highs of US$319 billion this year and $330 billion in 2012 as orders mount for mobile devices such as smartphones and tablet PCs, according to a prediction from an industry group.
Sprint subscribers will now be able to pay for the applications they buy on Android Market via their monthly cellphone bill, Google <a href="http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2011/04/new-carrier-billing-options-on-android.html">said in a blog po...
Nokia may be struggling to produce a high-end device to compete with the iPhone and various Android phones, but at least you can't accuse the Finnish giant of a lack of trying when it comes to marketing. The company is currently pushing its Nokia E7 ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- In Win's Winbot is a robotic interactive PC case
- Nvidia's Max-Q finally gives you GeForce GTX 1080 graphics in a thin-and-light laptop
- Launceston becomes Australia’s first gigabit city
- Power surge at British Airways data centre causes flight chaos
- Asus' affordable but powerful VivoBook Pro 15 to offer Optane Memory
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTTechnology Project ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Developer | LAMP Stack | Digital AgencyNSW
- FTPrincipal Consultant / Account Delivery Executive.NSW
- FTIT Data ArchitectACT
- CCDisaster Recovery SpecialistQLD
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTApplication AnalystSA
- CCPega DeveloperACT
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Systems Administrator-Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSenior SQL Database SpecialistACT
- CCCloud Architect - AzureVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior SAP Project ManagerACT
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerSA
- CCChange ManagerWA
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- FTIT Systems EngineerTAS
- FTApplication Support SpecialistQLD
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD