The mobile industry is trying to shoot down another law requiring cellphone radiation warnings.
The future doesn't look very bright right now for alternative mobile operating systems Firefox OS, Tizen and Ubuntu.
Taiwan held its 35th annual Computex trade show this week, and the event hasn't aged well. There was little news to get excited about, the crowds were thinner, and there were no products on the show floor that generated the buzz seen in years past.
iPhone dongles can do everything from high-speed data transfers to testing for HIV.
Microsoft has launched an upgraded version of the Nokia 105 phone, but a growing interest in smartphones will make it difficult for the company to repeat the success of the original version.
Against the odds, Canonical and Spanish company BQ are continuing to push Ubuntu for smartphones over Android and iOS. BQ's second Ubuntu phone is a step up from its inaugural effort, and the two companies are also working on a smartphone that's also...
If you hate waiting for restaurant servers and can't abide mistakes in your order, there's an app -- and a mat -- for that.
Google Now is getting new capabilities with a new "Now on Tap" update that should make it easier to find contextually-relevant information.
Google on Thursday gave a quick glimpse of a variety of new features coming to its next-generation operating system, dubbed Android M, during a keynote at Google I/O.
Smartphones and smartwatches won't just display content, but will also be able to beam it on to tabletops, walls and even to the eye, according to Lenovo.
Earlier this month, Sidecar expanded its mobile ride hailing service to deliver medical marijuana in San Francisco. It's not the only substance the startup wants to bring to your door.
Cell phones are constantly transmitting radio signals, whose energy can also be used to boost the battery life of mobile devices.
French start-up Infinit has customized its iOS client for Apple's iPads and partnered with HTC to put its free software for speeding up file sharing on the company's smartphones.
Sony's new flagship smartphone, the Xperia Z4, will be called the Xperia Z3+ when it goes on sale outside Japan in June. The phone has a sleeker design, faster processor and better front camera than the Z3 it replaces.
Electronics maker Sharp is showing off smartphones that can play back video at rates up to 2,100 frames per second (fps) for a smoother slow motion effect.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTDigital Business Analyst/Project Manager | PermanentQLD
- CCService DeskSA
- CCSecurity Incident Analyst - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- FTEnterprise ArchitectVIC
- FTAnalyst ProgrammerVIC
- TPTrim Helpdesk AnalystVIC
- CCMicrosoft (Sharepoint) SpecialistNSW
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- FTSalesforce Marketing ConsultantNSW
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTTest Analyst (Datawarehouse)SA
- FTField Technician - Radio communication serviceACT
- FTUX DesignerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- TPEnterprise Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTWeb Content WriterACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior SharePoint Administrator. Location -ACTACT
- FTJunior .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Command Centre Support EngineerVIC
- FTUX / UI Designer MobileNSW