Some Facebook users should soon be able to receive encrypted emails from the social networking site if they add PGP public keys to their profiles.
Social network Path will soon be under new ownership.
Virtual reality headset maker Oculus VR has acquired Surreal Vision, a company developing image recognition technology that can recreate scenes from real life inside simulated 3D environments.
A right-wing senator stands to make legal history in Italy when he becomes the first person to be prosecuted for insulting another person on Twitter.
Performing a search on Google now also displays relevant tweets from Twitter. The integration will widely distribute Twitter content beyond its own site and is also aimed at adding a new real-time element to Google search results.
When the next U.S. president takes office, he or she will have a new perk -- an official Twitter account ready to go with millions of followers.
Facebook is said to be eyeing games for its mobile Messenger product, a move that might jump-start the revenue the company generates from non-advertising sources.
Upon learning of Reddit's plan to change its rules to prohibit harassment and make the site friendlier, some users reacted with resentment and confusion.
Facebook's Internet.org project provides access to online services in developing countries, but it's also sparked questions about its compatibility with net neutrality, Facebook's underlying business motives and how the company collects user data. On...
Facebook aims to speed up the delivery of news on the company’s mobile apps with Instant Articles. The New York Times, National Geographic and others will use it to publish interactive articles directly on Facebook’s iPhone app.
Some Flickr users are reporting problems with the photo sharing site that may be related to what browser they're using -- even if the browser's up to date.
On Facebook, you might see a fair number of news articles shared by friends supporting Republican presidential candidates as the race heats up. Even if you're a Democrat.
If the waiter was rude, your hotel room dirty or the plumber sloppy, you should be able to say so online without fear of getting slapped with a lawsuit.
In perhaps the first sign that live streaming might spawn its own assortment of sub-players, a visual data analysis startup is putting its chops to work to categorize and rank videos on Periscope, the app owned by Twitter.
Users are getting greater choice over what information is shared with websites and apps when they log in using their Facebook ID.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- Radeon Vega Frontier Edition: Benchmarks and behind-the-scenes AMD interview
- Hands-on: AMD's Radeon Vega Frontier Edition vs Nvidia Titan Xp
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- It's time to upgrade to TLS 1.3 already, says CDN engineer
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerWA
- TPSenior .NET AWS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Automation Test AnalystQLD
- FTWintel EngineerSA
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- CCMultiple Front End Developers | React.js | Angular.js | Node.js | Knockout |QLD
- FTLead Enterprise ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Infrastructure LeadQLD
- FTSupport AnalystOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Investment FundsNSW
- FTIT Support EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Product OwnerQLD
- CCWeb Applications SupportQLD
- FTService Delivery Manager - Telecommunications InfrastructureOther
- CCData Architecture AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTSenior Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTSystems Support EngineerOther
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperOther
- FTIT TrainerOther
- CCCloud Orchestration SpecialistNSW
- FT.NET Full Stack DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Full Stack DeveloperOther
- FTAdministration Support Officers - APS 5/6ACT