The Google+ social networking site malfunctioned this weekend, spamming its users with repeated notifications via e-mail.
After major privacy failures in its Buzz and Street View services, Google has hit the right notes with its deliberate, measured roll out of its new Google+ social networking site, according to privacy experts.
Google's other social networking site, Orkut, which has been around for about seven years and has tens of millions of users worldwide, will continue to operate alongside the new Google+ for now.
Facebook on Wednesday announced a new video chat capability it will roll out in conjunction with Skype, in what the social-networking giant said is the first of many announcements of new applications to come in the next couple of months.
Google's new social networking site Google+, built to beat Facebook primarily on privacy features, has several privacy bugs the company is working to fix.
I have been using Google+ for a few days now, and so far I have had had a few complaints about the new Google social network.
The New York man suing Facebook and its founder Mark Zuckerberg for a massive stake worth billions of dollars in the company has suffered several setbacks recently in the case, according to published reports.
A popular Twitter-like service in China with <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/227714/chinaand8217s_sina_benefits_from_surge_in_microblogging.html">140 million users</a> was hit by a worm earlier this week that resembles past att...
MySpace, which dominated the social-networking market in the mid-2000s before Facebook eclipsed it, has been sold by its parent company News Corp. to digital media company Specific Media.
Vodafone is expected to launch the HTC ChaCha and Salsa Android phones next month, after HTC sent out an invitation to journalists for a media launch event on 30 June.
Only two social networking sites make minors' profiles private by default, according to a test of 14 such sites conducted for the European Commission.
By the end of this year, the world's population is expected to hit 7 billion. That's a huge number, but it pales in comparison to the 60 billion to 100 billion photos Facebook has reportedly stored on its servers.
The U.S. State Department questioned the Chinese government about a cyberattack that had temporarily shutdown Change.org after the site held a petition urging Chinese authorities to release artist Ai Weiwei from custody.
China is blocking searches on Google and microblogs for the name of a Chinese city where protests have erupted against local authorities. The move is part of an effort to suppress information on the rioting.
BOSTON -- Virtualization, mobility and social networking were flagged as posing most security risk to businesses, partly because there is no accepted set of best practices yet to protect them, IT Roadmap attendees were told.
Bringing VR out of office and study spaces will serve to help it attract the new audiences it needs to continue growing
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 ASUS FX503 review: An ROG Notebook By Any Other Name
- 2 HP Envy x360 (Ryzen 5) review: Power over portability
- 3 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 4 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 5 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
Join the newsletter!
- Garmin introduces compact Edge 130 GPS bike computer
- How Munich Re built a data lake fit for all its employees
- ZTE slams "unfair" trade ban
- Google pauses Allo, presses play on Chat
- Garmin introduce Edge 520 Plus GPS cycling computer
PCW Evaluation Team
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
- Picture Perfect: OPPO prepare their boldest smartphone yet
- Gigabyte AERO 15: Full, in-depth review
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCDigital ArchitectQLD
- FTSAP Ariba Project ManagerOther
- FTIT SpecialistSA
- FTService Desk Analyst - L1Other
- FTTechnical Lead- Angular4/.NetNSW
- FTCyber Security AnalystOther
- CCProject Manager - Service ManagementWA
- FTSystems AdministratorOther
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCPackager / Packager TesterNSW
- FTSenior Solutions Consultant - ServiceNowNSW
- CCOracle DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Software EngineerOther
- TPPMO AnalystNSW
- FTFull Stack Developer - NodeJSQLD
- FTSAP TestersSA
- FTDatabase AdministratorOther
- TPWindows 10 Deployment EngineerQLD
- FTEnterprise ArchitectOther
- CCChange and Communication SpecialistWA
- FTPrincipal Consultant - Scheduling & Planning (Primavera & MSP)Other
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystSA