Facebook is proposing tweaks to its site governance documents so that they will be consistent with new services the social networking company plans to roll out.
"Lucid Lynx" is the codename given to Canonical's Ubuntu Linux 10.04, now in beta, which adds social networking features and a new look to the popular Linux distribution. A final release is due April 29, the company said.
Novell is ready to begin beta testing its Pulse enterprise social-networking and collaboration suite.
Facebook has backtracked on plans to install a 'panic button' on the social network that would allow users to report abuse.
A recently disclosed patent request suggests Apple may be working on a mobile social networking application that would presumably let iPhone users form ad-hoc groups based on their locations.
Microsoft plans to start a small-scale pilot of a microblogging service aimed at business users that it has been experimenting with in Office Labs.
Security software company McAfee has issued a warning to Facebook users about the latest threat to hit the popular social-networking site.
Users of popular micro-blogging service Twitter were unable to access the site for almost 30 minutes early Wednesday.
Twitter plans to launch a new platform that lets Web publishers display 'tweets' on their sites more broadly and easily than is possible today via the company's APIs (application programming interfaces).
Twitter users can now add their current location to their tweets. The micro-blogging service on Thursday activated an optional new feature that appends geographical information to your posts.
Now under new management, MySpace is looking to reinvent itself and rise like a Phoenix from the ashes. The once dominant social networking site fell from nearly 70 percent of the social networking market, to only 30 percent in less than a year, and ...
BlackBerry Twitter users rejoice! The official BlackBerry Twitter app will finally be released on BlackBerry App World in the coming weeks.
A study released today supports the oft stated notion that most of Twitter's 75 million registered users are less than committed to the microblogging site.
More than 10 billion tweets have been posted on micro-blogging service Twitter.
Software AG opened a beta version of its social network for business process management (BPM) on Tuesday, a year after it first announced the service.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Launceston becomes Australia’s first gigabit city
- Power surge at British Airways data centre causes flight chaos
- Asus' affordable but powerful VivoBook Pro 15 to offer Optane Memory
- Asus unveils the super slim ZenBook Flip S convertible
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSystem Analyst - IntegrationQLD
- FTProject Manager or Coordinator - Retail Store ProjectsNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMOVIC
- CCTRIM TrainerACT
- FTProject Support OfficerQLD
- FTImplementation Engineer - Cisco UCSWA
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Procurement Specialist | 3mth ContractVIC
- CCState-wide Business Transition Lead - BrisbaneNSW
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP ISU Billing Consultant - FunctionalVIC
- TPArcGIS DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Process ConsultantNSW
- FTSolution Architect - DatacentreVIC
- CCSolution Architect with Magento experience wantedVIC
- CCSenior Network Architect - CCIEVIC
- CCTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTDeployment Engineer / Field Service EngineerQLD
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - GROUP LIFE INSURANCENSW