SoftBank's Pepper robot may still be the better-known contender, but a new humanoid device from Hitachi aims to be the in-store sales rep of the future.
Japanese robot Pepper is getting an intelligence upgrade via IBM's Watson, but that doesn't make interacting with the real world any less challenging.
Just before the stroke of midnight Tuesday Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), computerized clocks around the world will pause for a moment to squeeze in an extra second.
Taylor Swift shames Apple into paying musicians royalties during streaming trial
In another sign that Japan loves cute robots, SoftBank's Pepper is proving to be a hit with its consumer launch.
It can't cook or clean or do laundry, but SoftBank's Pepper could become the first breakout humanoid consumer robot and the vanguard of an era of mechanized, cloud-connected assistants.
Microsoft reshuffles executives... Uber goes to court to deny driver rights... AT&T faces $100M fine over unlimited data limitations... and more tech news
Japanese mobile carrier, SoftBank, is teaming up with Apple manufacturer, Foxconn Technology Group, and Chinese e-commerce giant, Alibaba Group, in a global push to manufacture and sell robots for the home and workplace.
The arrival of the Apple Watch in stores Friday failed to draw the same crowds that greeted the launch of the iPhone 6 -- but this may be a sign that Apple fans are prepared to queue overnight to buy, but not just to try.
The Apple Watch made a small splash in Tokyo with its launch, drawing Apple fans but not the crowds that gather for each iPhone release.
What do you get if you take a cute humanoid robot and pair it with one of the world's best artificial intelligence programs? A smarter humanoid with few practical skills.
Masayoshi Son, the maverick head of Japanese mobile giant SoftBank, has sunk millions into a taxi app and floating wind turbines, all in one week. It was nothing unusual, though.
Japanese mobile carrier SoftBank has invested US$250 million in GrabTaxi, a taxi-booking app in operation in Southeast Asia, as it believes the service has significant growth potential.
Japanese telecommunications and Internet company SoftBank is planning to invest US$10 billion in India, the country's government said after meetings with the company's chairman and CEO Masayoshi Son.
Japan's Softbank is in talks to acquire Dreamworks Animation, The Hollywood Reporter said late Saturday citing a source. The Wall Street Journal later reported the same news citing "people familiar with the matter."
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- Qantas booking systems go down after software fail
- Cadbury factory in Hobart hit as ransomware attacks Aussie businesses
- 10 supremely useful Microsoft OneNote add-ins and tools
- Hands-on: How the Asus ROG GX501 Zephyrus performs with Nvidia's Max-Q technology
- EU fines Google €2.42 billion, orders changes in search results
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTLean Six Sigma - Change ConsultantOther
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTFusion Middleware DeveloperACT
- CCJunior Security AnalystNSW
- FTPenetration TesterOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTFinance and PeopleSoft Project ManagerOther
- CCCRM/.Net DeveloperACT
- TPSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTPresales Solution Architect - NetworksVIC
- TPJava DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Microsoft SQL Designer/ArchitectOther
- FTIT Field Services ManagerOther
- FTVoice Solution Engineer - Telecommunications (cisco)Other
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTJava DeveloperQLD
- FTICT TrainerOther
- CCOn-boarding SpecialistNSW
- FTSEO ExecutiveOther
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTQuality Assurance Specialist | 50 p/hrOther
- FTSenior Project Manager- Cloud- AWS, Office 365- PRINCE2Other
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence Analyst - Microsoft BI StackNSW
- FTHelpdesk AnalystOther