SoftBank's Pepper robot may still be the better-known contender, but a new humanoid device from Hitachi aims to be the in-store sales rep of the future.
Japanese robot Pepper is getting an intelligence upgrade via IBM's Watson, but that doesn't make interacting with the real world any less challenging.
Just before the stroke of midnight Tuesday Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), computerized clocks around the world will pause for a moment to squeeze in an extra second.
Taylor Swift shames Apple into paying musicians royalties during streaming trial
In another sign that Japan loves cute robots, SoftBank's Pepper is proving to be a hit with its consumer launch.
It can't cook or clean or do laundry, but SoftBank's Pepper could become the first breakout humanoid consumer robot and the vanguard of an era of mechanized, cloud-connected assistants.
Microsoft reshuffles executives... Uber goes to court to deny driver rights... AT&T faces $100M fine over unlimited data limitations... and more tech news
Japanese mobile carrier, SoftBank, is teaming up with Apple manufacturer, Foxconn Technology Group, and Chinese e-commerce giant, Alibaba Group, in a global push to manufacture and sell robots for the home and workplace.
The arrival of the Apple Watch in stores Friday failed to draw the same crowds that greeted the launch of the iPhone 6 -- but this may be a sign that Apple fans are prepared to queue overnight to buy, but not just to try.
The Apple Watch made a small splash in Tokyo with its launch, drawing Apple fans but not the crowds that gather for each iPhone release.
What do you get if you take a cute humanoid robot and pair it with one of the world's best artificial intelligence programs? A smarter humanoid with few practical skills.
Masayoshi Son, the maverick head of Japanese mobile giant SoftBank, has sunk millions into a taxi app and floating wind turbines, all in one week. It was nothing unusual, though.
Japanese mobile carrier SoftBank has invested US$250 million in GrabTaxi, a taxi-booking app in operation in Southeast Asia, as it believes the service has significant growth potential.
Japanese telecommunications and Internet company SoftBank is planning to invest US$10 billion in India, the country's government said after meetings with the company's chairman and CEO Masayoshi Son.
Japan's Softbank is in talks to acquire Dreamworks Animation, The Hollywood Reporter said late Saturday citing a source. The Wall Street Journal later reported the same news citing "people familiar with the matter."
Apple iPhone X
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Xbox One X
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Google Home Mini review: a welcome addition to the smart speaker family.
- 4 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 5 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
Join the newsletter!
- Gaming laptops, PCs, and peripherals are wildly cheap at Microsoft's online store today
- Meet Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition: AMD Link mobile app, Radeon Overlay, and more
- HP Spectre 13 review: This stylish ultrabook conceals real power
- Hyperwallet Facilitates AUD transfers for Amazon Sellers
- Sony Offer Some Hush in the Christmas Rush For Chatswood Shoppers
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSERVICE DESK - ENTRY LEVELSA
- FTICT Systems Support OfficerQLD
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerNSW
- FTIT Manager Desktop OperationsOther
- TPSAP Migration Module LeadNSW
- FTDesktop TechnicianSA
- FTNetwork and Telecommunications ArchitectOther
- FTProject Manager - Australian Citizens onlyOther
- FTService Manager - Solution ArchitectOther
- FTSenior IT Business AnalystOther
- TPFull Stack Developer - AWSNSW
- TPSupport Java RoleNSW
- TPInfrastructural DesignerNSW
- FTScrum MasterOther
- CCTest Analyst - BrisbaneACT
- CCIteration Manager - Insurance BackgroundQLD
- FTApplication Support Team Lead l Experience with health applicationsNSW
- CCSystems / Storage EngineerWA
- FTSenior Java and AEM DeveloperOther
- CCWintel Engineer - BrisbaneNSW
- CCVirtualisation Network EngineerVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystOther
- FT0365 Consultant - Large Scale O365 ImplementationVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Office 365QLD