Government panel the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) has given its approval for Japanese mobile carrier SoftBank to acquire a majority stake in Sprint Nextel in a US$20 billion deal.
SoftBank has received all the necessary state approvals for the Japanese mobile carrier to acquire a majority stake in Sprint Nextel for US$20 billion, the companies announced.
The U.S. government is in negotiations with SoftBank for greater control over equipment purchases by Sprint Nextel and the selection of one of the Japanese company's nominee to the U.S. carrier's board, according to a news report.
Sprint Nextel has increased its offer to buy out Clearwire, bidding US$3.40 per share, to counter a competing offer by Dish Network.
Sprint Nextel said it had received permission from SoftBank to negotiate a rival acquisition offer from Dish Network.
Sprint Nextel's network partner Clearwire hasn't been able to find any other big wholesale customers nor sell any of its spectrum, so selling out to Sprint is the only real option for its shareholders, the company said Monday.
Dish Network chairman Charlie Ergen said Wednesday that his is an American company, and the modernization of Sprint Nextel's network will have to be done from the U.S. with operations control in the country, and English speaking staff.
Softbank's CEO, in a battle with Dish Network to acquire U.S. mobile operator Sprint Nextel, slammed a US$25.5 billion offer made by Dish, saying it is based on "imaginary" numbers and would create a company with "insane" amounts of debt.
Intel has backed SoftBank's bid for Sprint Nextel, citing that the deal would bring needed competition in the wireless space in the U.S.
Dish Network has made a US$25.5 billion bid to acquire wireless operator Sprint Nextel, hoping to edge out a rival bid from Japanese operator SoftBank.
Sprint Nextel and Softbank have pledged to keep Huawei Technologies products out of the Sprint network and try to replace Huawei gear that is already in Clearwire's network, according to a U.S. lawmaker.
Japan's Softbank will soon launch a new service around small GPS trackers that it will rent out to customers for a monthly fee.
Japan's Softbank has sold off a large portion of a local carrier it acquired just weeks ago, as it looked to assuage fears over its expanded control of Japan's wireless spectrum.
Japan's Softbank will soon offer a new satellite phone for use in earthquakes and other natural disasters.
Sprint Nextel has offered US $2.1 billion, or $2.90 a share, for the nearly one-half interest in mobile broadband firm Clearwire that the company doesn't already own.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- This week in games: Civilization III for free, Halloween modes shower treats and tricks
- Newegg's selling a 35-inch 2560x1080 curved monitor for $449 today
- Harman Kardon Invoke hands-on: Cortana enters the smart speaker market with a boom
- iPhone 8 Plus vs. LG G6: Which has the best camera in a smartphone?
- Logitech G703 review: A mainstream wireless mouse with some exceptional features
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Security ConsultantNSW
- FTCommunications Specialist- Change / MarketingOther
- CCSAP HR / Payroll AnalystWA
- FTProject Manager - Property /Engineering/ Construction - GovtOther
- FTSenior Digital Producer | 6 Month Contract roleNSW
- FTAutomation Tester - SeleniumACT
- CCExperience / Service DesignerACT
- FTSoftware DeveloperOther
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior SQL DeveloperOther
- FTDevOps Support EngineerOther
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Systems Engineer/Veeam SpecialistOther
- TPSenior Security Consultant - WirelessNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Front End Developer - ReactJSOther
- FTApp Support Tech LeadQLD
- FTPMO ManagerOther
- TPDigital Business AnalystVIC
- FTIT Service Delivery ManagerOther
- CCSenior Workbrain Functional Expert - Brisbane BasedVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPSoftware Implementation Project Manager.NSW