Windows 8 is rife with features and behaviors that conspire to perplex even the most experienced PC users. Not all of them are bad, per se, but few of them are immediately intuitive. Making matters worse, the OS was primarily designed for touch contr...
Microsoft's radical shift to touch-centric computing in Windows 8 is far from the only difference between the new operating system and its predecessor.
With the official launch of Windows 8 on the imminent horizon, PC manufacturers have announced a diverse array of new hardware. The problem with all of the desktop options is that they lack the one peripheral device they need to work effectively with...
Wouldn't you like to have your very own gofer dedicated to doing all the menial tasks you hate? That's a big part of the appeal of the iPhone 4S: Siri, the voice-driven virtual assistant, turns anyone with a couple hundred bucks into a CEO attended b...
Windows XP users, your favorite operating system is a decade old, and if you're still using it, you're not cool anymore, at least according to Microsoft. That's the software giant's recent take on its aging OS, which is still more popular than Vista ...
iOS 5 has hit the stage, and eager users everywhere are getting ready to upgrade their devices. If you're concerned about the upgrade process, or simply want to know all your setup options before making the big switch, let us help you upgrade your iP...
A few years ago businesspeople carried a laptop on the road, used a desktop PC in the office, and worked on another PC at home. Maybe they had a BlackBerry, too--but only if they were real big shots.
History may look at Android as the tech industry's Helen of Troy: The OS that launched a thousand suits.
Back when Windows Vista was but a twinkle in Bill Gates's eye, Microsoft had some extremely ambitious plans to rid computer users of an outmoded concept called "files." But alas, WinFS (as the company's project was called) turned out to be too ambiti...
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion Server adds innovative features and a new low price tag, but cuts in services and the elimination of advanced GUI administration tools may force some enterprise departments to think twice about the role of Mac servers on their netw...
Reader David Mitchell delves into the personal with this question about Lion. He writes:
Thanks to three new features in Lion -- and improvements to one older feature -- losing your data or your place may soon be a thing of the past. Versions, Auto Save, Resume, and Time Machine combine to make sure that not only are your documents thoro...
Lion introduces a slew of changes to the OS X interface -- some of them entirely new, others variations on existing features. In either case, they're going to take some getting used to.
At long last, Lion (Mac OS X 10.7) is available, and unlike previous versions of the Mac OS, getting it doesn't involve driving to the nearest Apple Store or retailer, or waiting for the FedEx truck to arrive -- you just download it directly from the...
While there are many new features in Lion -- like Mission Control and Launchpad -- you'll also find some old familiars: The Finder, Spotlight, Quick Look, the Dock, and About this Mac, for example, are all still there. But that's not to say these OS ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- It's time to upgrade to TLS 1.3 already, says CDN engineer
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Steam's Summer Sale kicks off with a $15 Steam Link, game discounts galore, and digital stickers
- Hands-on: Surviving Mars captures the excitement and dread of launching a colony mission
- Dell XPS 15 (2017) review: Kaby Lake and a 4K display make a difference
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTChange ManagerOther
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTSolution Architect (Office 365 Specialist)SA
- FTCustomer Support Team LeadNSW
- CCMultiple Front End Developers - BRISBANE | React.js | Angular.js | Node.js |NSW
- FTAnalyst ProgrammerOther
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSoftware ConsultantOther
- CCBusiness Analyst TechnicalQLD
- CCICT Training ManagerNSW
- FTCommunications Lead/ManagerACT
- CCSystems Network Engineer - DDOSVIC
- FTHealthcare Integration Support/ Junior DBA - Brisbane BasedQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Security Analyst - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTERP Business AnalystOther
- FTSoftware Engineer - Content Design NetworkOther
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperWA
- CCMultiple Project Managers - Networks - TelcoVIC
- FTLooking for Lead Solution ArchitectACT
- FTCareer transition Specialist | Must be immediately availableOther
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - RELOCATE TO CANBERRANSW
- FTSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTPractice Director Quality Assurance – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- TPEnterprise Solutions ArchitectNSW