Google's surprisingly strong earnings helped spark renewed confidence in the tech sector in advance of a raft of vendor earnings announcements next week, as shares of bellwether IT companies led markets upward Friday.
Google has started to move e-mail security features from its Postini service directly into its Google Apps collaboration and communication suite.
Oracle wants to put Google CEO Larry Page on the hot seat in the companies' intellectual property lawsuit over the Android mobile operating system, according to a court filing made late Thursday by the companies.
Mobile devices and applications are streaming into enterprises, changing the way IT departments buy technology and relate to other employees, three vendor executives said this week at the MobileBeat conference in San Francisco.
In an effort to simplify work for data-welding marketing managers, IBM has combined two of its e-commerce offerings into a single online package.
Oracle is planning to issue 78 patches covering a number of its software products on Tuesday, including 13 fixes for its flagship database, according to a statement posted to its website on Thursday.
Problems with an SAP software implementation led by IBM consultants have resulted in six months of erroneous paychecks for nurses in Nova Scotia, although now officials say the issues have been resolved.
Hoping to further sharpen OpenOffice's competitive viability against Microsoft Office, IBM is donating the code of its Symphony open source office suite to the nonprofit Apache Software Foundation.
Box.net plans to develop "semi-local" apps for various mobile operating systems using a common HTML5 codebase, in a bid to keep up with the proliferation of smartphone and tablet platforms.
The judge overseeing Oracle's corporate-theft lawsuit against SAP will now consider SAP's request for a retrial, after the companies said they are unlikely to reach a mediated settlement in their dispute.
Content management vendor OpenText is moving further into BPM (business process management) software, scooping up Global 360 for US$260 million, the company announced Wednesday.
JP Morgan is now able to run risk analysis and price its global credit portfolio in near real-time after implementing application-led, High Performance Computing (HPC) capabilities developed by Maxeler Technologies.
Lawyers for Oracle and SAP are due in court Wednesday to argue post-trial motions in their TomorrowNow lawsuit, with SAP seeking a new trial and a reduction of the US$1.3 billion jury award it was ordered to pay.
Google is launching on Tuesday a redesigned Android Market client for phones that is intended to better showcase top applications and features an improved UI and faster downloading of products.
Research in Motion says its two-year-old BlackBerry App World has crossed the 1 billion app download mark and that a beta version of the app store upgrade is on the way.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTData Analyst | $51 p/hrVIC
- FTP3O SpecialistACT
- FTUX DesignerNSW
- FTSystem Engineer - VMWare, UCS, NetAppVIC
- FTApplication Support SpecialistQLD
- CCICT Security Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCSQL Server Database Specialist l Bathurst LocationNSW
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- CCIDAM ArchitectVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst / Test CoordinatorQLD
- CCTechnical Specialist - Cloud ServicesVIC
- FTCustomer Service OperatorVIC
- TPDatawarehouse Analyst/DeveloperSA
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTAutomation Tester | C# & Selenium | Leading SaaS FintechNSW
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsNSW
- CCSystems Analyst- Port MacquarieQLD
- FTPrincipal Project ManagerVIC
- FTFrontend developerNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTIT Command Centre Support EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Network Architect - CCIEVIC
- CCApplications Support/ DevOps EngineerQLD