In yet another sign of cloud-hosted software's momentum in the business market, Box.net, which makes a software-as-a-service content management application, announced on Thursday that it has closed a $US48 million funding round.
Not only are consumer IT products finding their way into the enterprise, they're also finding their way back into Cebit, one of the world's biggest professional IT shows, which opens in Hanover, Germany, next week.
Google will intensify its attack on Microsoft's enterprise collaboration business with the release on Thursday of the Cloud Connect plug-in for Microsoft Office and with the launch of a trial program for the collaboration components of Google Apps.
SAP wants a judge to reduce the $US1.3 billion award a jury granted Oracle last year in its intellectual property-theft lawsuit to no more than $408.7 million, and also asked for a new trial, according to filings made late Wednesday in U.S. District ...
Taiwanese PC maker Micro-Star International (MSI) said on Thursday it would target business users with the release of three new 10.1-inch touchscreen tablet PCs on June 1, two with Windows 7 and one with Google's Android Honeycomb OS.
Microsoft has patched a bug in its malware scanning engine that could be used as a stepping stone for an attacker looking to seize control of a Windows box.
It's time for another grab bag of hassle killers. This week I tell you how to get a disposable e-mail address to use as a spam magnet, how to turn off Windows 7's automatic window resizing, and how to recover data from a crashed drive.
Ata Amiri asked if using two separate backup program will interfere with incremental backups.
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
Google I/O tickets have been bid up to more than $2,000 on eBay, four times the face value. But it's no surprise, perhaps: The highly anticipated Google I/O developer conference sold out in a mere 59 minutes earlier this month, whereas last year's co...
Mozilla today said that it will ship security updates to Firefox 3.5 and Firefox 3.6 next Tuesday, ending a debate about whether to wait for a patch that affects Adobe's software.
JetBrains this spring will offer full support for Java 7 in an upgrade to the company's IntelliJ Idea IDE, according to the JetBrains IntelliJ Idea blog. IntelliJ IDEA 10.5 will support language features of Java 7 across the IDE with capabilities suc...
Web Content Management Platform provider DotNetNuke has acquired Active Modules, a vendor of social collaboration software, the two companies announced Wednesday. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Apple will hold an event next Wednesday, March 2, where it will likely launch the next iPad, analysts said today.
SAP is hoping to gain ground in the increasingly heated market for BI (business intelligence) software, announcing a suite on Wednesday that focuses on areas like mobility and real-time data analysis.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Watch us play Vanquish on PC
- Newegg is selling a pure sine wave UPS for just $125 right now
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
- Nvidia's new generation of powerful GeForce GTX Battlebox PCs finally embraces AMD
- How Thunderbolt 3 won the port wars
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSenior Business Development Manager| SMSF/Accounting SoftwareNSW
- FTTechnology Project ManagerNSW
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- CCPega DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Improvement ManagerNSW
- FTSenior SQL Database SpecialistACT
- FTWeb Developer - Full Stack - VR 3D WebGLNSW
- FTDigital Business Analyst/Project Manager | PermanentQLD
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCSplunk Software DeveloperVIC
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerSA
- FTSenior Procurement Specialist | 3mth ContractVIC
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- TPTechnical ArchitectVIC
- FTSystem Analyst - IntegrationQLD
- TPPrimary Support Officer (Level 1)VIC
- FTSenior Solution Designer/ ConsultantVIC
- FTsolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- CCSoftware DeveloperVIC