From the looks of them, two new Sony Cyber-shot cameras announced today will be among the league leaders in point-and-shoot versatility when they become available in April.
Apple's decision to reject Sony's e-reader application today sparked speculation that Apple would soon yank Amazon's popular Kindle software from the App Store.
Sony's been playing cat-and-mouse with PS3 firmware crackers, and less than a day after its version 3.56 firmware was released, hackers have circumvented Sony's locks.
Android has surged past Symbian to become the world's best-selling smartphone operating system, according to Canalys.
The major refresh of the PlayStation Portable unveiled on Thursday is the result of a two-year effort to rethink the basic gaming platform, according to Kaz Hirai, chairman of Sony Computer Entertainment.
Sony's PlayStation Portable and Nintendo's DS have both been challenged in the handheld gaming market by the increasing popularity of smartphones, particularly the iPhone (as well as the other iOS devices: the iPad and the iPod Touch).
If what goes up must come down, then what goes down occasionally bounces.
I guess Sony didn't get the memo about how jailbreaking is not illegal, because the company has decided to sue several users who hacked the PS3.
IBM earned more U.S. patents in 2010 than any other company, topping the list of patent winners for the 18th year in a row.
Nyko is bringing the Perfect Shot handgun controller -- similar to the one that launched for Wii in 2007 -- to the Playstation Move. The Move controller slides into the top of the gun shell, which rumbles with help from two AA batteries that last abo...
A group of Hollywood studios and technology companies has come up with a system for buying digital movies and TV shows that's supposed to do away with the problem of content being locked to a narrow set of devices by the company that sold it.
The "Avatar effect" that was supposed to make 3D TV so popular last year failed to materialize, but manufacturers, ever optimistic, say a wider selection of films and some modest technology improvements should make 2011 a better year.
Sony launched a duo of thin laptops at the Consumer Electronics Show on Wednesday that offer a more affordable alternative to Apple's MacBook Air. The new Vaio S and Y portables start at $900 and $550, respectively. And although they cost less than ...
Here's my obligatory list of 2010's top 10 video games, in no particular order. Yours would no doubt look different. That's the point of lists, after all: To throw our favorites out there, then stand around comparing and critiquing.
Feeling a bit of MacBook Air envy, Acer, Asus and Lenovo may soon offer alternatives to Apple's ultra-thin computer, according to Digitimes.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 2 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 3 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 4 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
- 5 iPhone 8: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Microsoft's Surface Book 2 has a power problem
- This week in games: Battlefront II disables microtransactions, Total War goes to Britain
- Star Wars: Battlefront II review: The Dark Side
- iMovie 10 review: Free video editing that's elegant and easy
- Buffered VPN review: It gets the job done
PCW Evaluation Team
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCCloud Orchestration and Automation SpecialistNSW
- FTService Desk Consultant - Part TimeOther
- FTFinancial Manager - January StartACT
- CCTest ManagerVIC
- FTPre-Sales Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTAutomation TesterQLD
- FTAgile Project ManagerOther
- CCI&CS Communications LeadVIC
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantACT
- TPProject Scheduler/CoordinatorQLD
- FTService Desk CoordinatorVIC
- FTRelease Manager (Software Configuration)ACT
- FTSystems Engineer - Identity & AutomationQLD
- FTService Delivery ManagerOther
- FTSenior Software Engineer - C++QLD
- FTProject Manager - Rail Industry or Survey or Construction bkgrdOther
- FTPersonal AssistantSA
- CCPortfolio / Relationship ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Android DeveloperOther
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- FTStorage & Backup Engineer x2 - EMCOther
- FTSAP CRM FunctionalistOther
- FTUX Researcher - ContractNSW
- FTTeam Leader - Software ServicesVIC