NASA and others are looking to protect the world from asteroid strikes
space in pictures
Images tell the story of the super rover's first year of work on Mars.
Ground-based telescopes continue to produce some of world's important space discoveries
Big Bang: In the past month or so there has been a plethora of wicked cool discoveries coming from NASA satellites and space-watching missions across the globe. Never-before-seen photos of Jupiter's Great Red Spot, Mars moon Phobos, black hole formation and a new exoplanet are just a few of the amazing images. In an effort to keep up with these rapid-fire discoveries, we have gathered together 15 of the coolest images of these hot space projects.
A software glitch caused a SpaceX cargo spacecraft to abort its rendezvous with the International Space Station early on Wednesday.
As our personal electronic devices get more complex, researchers say cosmic rays could put them at a greater risk of operational failure.
A Hyperloop prototype from Delft University is headed to SpaceX's headquarters in California in preparation for a real-life test in January.
All seemed well as the European Space Agency's robotic explorer Schiaparelli closed in on its Mars landing Wednesday. Then it went silent.
President Barack Obama has set a goal of sending humans to Mars by the 2030s and getting them safely home again. It will likely be one of the topics discussed at the White House Frontiers Conference set for Thursday in Pittsburgh.
The DARPA-developed Space Surveillance Telescope (SST) will this week get a new permanent home at the Air Force Space Command where it promises to rapidly bolster the nation’s ability to more quickly spot and track faint objects in space.
It's been 40 years since Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins launched into space in Apollo 11, with the historic moon landing occurring four days later.
Videos about space
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P30 Pro review: A photography powerhouse that leans into and elevates its natural strengths
- 2 Samsung Galaxy S10 review: Messy decisions mar smart evolutions
- 3 Nokia 8.1 review: The more things change, the more they stay the same
- 4 Huawei Watch GT review: Battery life isn't everything
- 5 Oppo AX7 review: New looks, same old budget buy
Join the newsletter!
- Samsung upgrade their Australian tablet range
- Which Mesh Wi-Fi System Should I Buy?
- Spotify teams up with Google Home Mini
- Microsoft Paint has been given another reprieve
- Razer revamps the Blade Pro 17 with 9th-gen Intel Core and Nvidia RTX in a trimmer package
PCW Evaluation Team
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
I’d recommend a Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 and the new Windows 10 to anyone who needs to get serious work done (before you kick back on your couch with your favourite Netflix show.)
It’s useful for office tasks as well as pragmatic labelling of equipment and storage – just don’t get too excited and label everything in sight!
- Huawei P30 Pro: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic Lumix S1 review
- Want to play Apex Legends?
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?