PDF files are one of the most common, and most trusted document formats out there. However, that trust, combined with the cross-platform use of PDFs makes the Adobe file format one of the most targeted and exploited by malicious attacks as well.
Most of us don't like paying for antivirus (AV) software, but at least home users can rely on one of the free options, such as Microsoft Security Essentials, avast!, or AVG Free.
Security researchers have shown that carefully crafted text messages sent to cell phones via short message service (SMS) can cause them to shutdown without the knowledge of the owner.
Microsoft has sued a Hong Kong seller of mobile ringtones, saying the company used phishing techniques to flood Microsoft Live Messenger users with spam messages.
An overwhelming majority of Web sites promoted through spam are hosted in China at service providers that many times choose to ignore complaints and allow illegal activity, according to research from the University of Alabama.
As mobile users are more frequently pestered by SMS spam, one security vendor is applying its experience in stopping e-mail spam for mobile networks.
Spammers are never far from a hot story, it seems, and in the past day they've been flooding Twitter with phoney messages about Iran and the<strong> </strong>latest iPhone 3.0 operating system.
A McAfee study estimates 62 trillion spam e-mails equal 33 billion kilowatt hours of electricity or about as much carbon as 3.1 million cars consuming 2 billion gallons of gasoline. In January, a study by Harvard University claimed two Google searche...
What the average guy might call a con is known in the security world as social engineering. Social engineering is the criminal art of scamming a person into doing something or divulging sensitive information. These days, there are thousands of ways f...
On October 14, the US Federal Trade Commission, with help from the US Federal Bureau of Investigation and New Zealand police, announced that it had shut down a vast international spam network known as HerbalKing.
As more and more spammers are arrested, prosecuted, and sued under state and federal antispam statutes, there's one thing you can count on: Someone somewhere will invariably call the targeted spammer a "spam king."
What Gates, McCain and others have said about those pesky, unwanted e-mails.
A compilation of the most notorious convicted spammers
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- Akitio Node Cabinet review: Real, affordable graphics for your laptop
- Qantas booking systems go down after software fail
- Cadbury factory in Hobart hit as ransomware attacks Aussie businesses
- 10 supremely useful Microsoft OneNote add-ins and tools
- Hands-on: How the Asus ROG GX501 Zephyrus performs with Nvidia's Max-Q technology
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnical Lead (Azure AD)Other
- FTx2 Senior Test Analyst/Lead - DWH - Informatica ETLOther
- FTICT Procurement and Contracting SpecialistOther
- FTSenior DevOps ConsultantOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Investment FundsNSW
- FTConsultant Business AnalystQLD
- TPHelpDesk Analyst (Access Control Team Leader)ACT
- FTIntegration & BI Manager - C-levelNSW
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- CCPeoplesoft campus solution consultant/TesterNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- CCICT System TrainersACT
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- CCMultiple Project Coordinators - TelcoVIC
- FTManual Test AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - SuperannuationOther
- FTSenior Citrix Engineer / LeadNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTAutomation Test AnalystWA
- FTAndroid Developer - PermanentWA
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork Architect - part time contract, Sydney Western SuburbsNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperOther
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- TPICT Customer Support Officer - ArmidaleNSW